Marlin gunsmith in Surrey

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Triffid
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Wey Valley

Marlin gunsmith in Surrey

#1 Post by Triffid »

Can anyone recommend a gunsmith in the Surrey / North Hampshire area who can sort out my Marlin 1894?

The problem is that the screw that holds the loading-gate spring has pulled right through the receiver wall, so it doesn't work too well. Looks like a manufacturing fault as I measured the little bit of the remaining receiver that was left trapped between the screw-head and the loading gate spring and it was only 8 tho' thick. However as the gun's about 20 years old, I doubt it will be covered by the guarantee.

I'm loath to use the well-know place at Bisley as I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there.

Thanks
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

Re: Marlin gunsmith in Surrey

#2 Post by mag41uk »

Speak to Myles of MBR Sporting