Holts Auctioneers

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
tonyshooter
Home club or Range: Warmsworth nr Doncaster

Holts Auctioneers

#1 Post by tonyshooter »

Having recently bought a shotgun from Holts, that I had never physically seen, I have nothing but praise for the totally honest and factual report that was given to me, prior to bidding, by their gunsmith Simon Reinhold.

I was not disapointed when I collcted my gun from my local RFD !
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

Re: Holts Auctioneers

#2 Post by FredB »

I have looked at Holts catalogues for years, but recently, when I go in to one, I get a "cookie not accepted" message. My system is open to cookies and it does not happen with any other web site. I have E mailed Holts twice, but received no reply.
Fred
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

Scott Wilson is the gunsmith, Simon is the Holts head of operations and highly knowledgable as are all of the Holts staff.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#4 Post by dromia »

I have had the exact opposite experience from Holts on a gun description, upon winning it it was hard to believe it was the same gun.

In the past I have bought quiet a bit from Holts but only if I have been able to inspect the guns personally I wouldn't trust any description they give.

Having spent a lot of time going through lots and becoming invisible in the racks it is amazing what you hear and see going on in there, very insightful as to what the company is really like.

Fortunately I rarely need to use them nowadays.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Polchraine

#5 Post by Polchraine »

Took a gun to the Game Fair yesterday with the intention of a valuation and potentially consigning to auction with Holts.

And guess what ... they did not turn up and I was probably not the only (now former) customer looking for them.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#6 Post by Mattnall »

Ovenpaa wrote:Scott Wilson is the gunsmith, Simon is the Holts head of operations and highly knowledgable as are all of the Holts staff.
Scott is following in his father's footsteps. John was a great gun maker too and we have a couple of the first walking-stick shotguns he made back in the '80s.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.