CDSG Ltd

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

CDSG Ltd

#1 Post by Pete »

100 Lapua .223 match cases, ordered Friday, arrived this morning.....£63.25 posted.

Can't get much better (or cheaper) than that.........

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Pete
Past Supporter

Re: CDSG Ltd

#2 Post by Pete »

And there was 101 in the box....... shakeshout

Pete
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

#3 Post by FredB »

32 gauge shotgun brass ordered many months ago. No reply to E mails for progress. No reply when asked for refund. Complained to PayPal. Refund next day,
Fred
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#4 Post by 20series »

Yeh I ordered Lapua 308 brass and they arrived in a couple of days, but I checked stock before ordering. They seem to be very good when stuff is in and thrn the opposite for any back orders.

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
stottycake
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Tcsc,.gardners guns,

#5 Post by stottycake »

I ordered some Berger bullets from them 2 weeks ago but royal mail has lost them,not cdsg fault I hasten to add, as I've ordered more and they arrived in 2 days,As has been said if things are in stock they are on the ball,
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#6 Post by Blackstuff »

I placed a bullet order in March and at the time all were labelled as on back order, for the end of April. Come the end of May I emailed and direct messaged them several times and got no response. :bad:

After receiving several advert emails claiming they'd had a delivery from one of the brands of bullets I'd ordered I gave them a ring and ended up having 1 part of a 7 part order fulfilled and the rest refunded (minus the delivery fee as my 'order' no longer took the total to over the amount to qualify for free delivery 8-) ). Eventually got the bullets in July...

Pity as previously I've always had good service from them. My advice, is don't waste time emailing/messaging them, just ring and don't bother ordering anything on backorder.
DVC
Pete
Past Supporter

#7 Post by Pete »

This backorder scam is common to many online suppliers, not only in the shooting game..........I've had it with car accessory places as well.
The card is debited immediately, despite claims that "We won't take payment until we're ready to ship".

Pete
Practical shooter

#8 Post by Practical shooter »

I had bad experience with the above company as posted before, ill never use them again
Vossie
Home club or Range: Bisley

#9 Post by Vossie »

Practical shooter wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:41 am I had bad experience with the above company as posted before, ill never use them again
Me too
DL.

#10 Post by DL. »

I used them very early on, and they had the items I ordered sent straight from Hannams as best as I could tell.

I was on holiday in the area and thought I might see if they had anything I needed. There was no shop, it was a farm road end with a sign up, which I vaguely recall said they weren't open to visitors.