ACOG service/fixing

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
David TS
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms, LERA, SEESA

ACOG service/fixing

#1 Post by David TS »

ACOG service/fixing

Is there anyone in the UK that knows how to fix ACOG's?

A shooting club acquaintance has an ACOG that has gone awry (elevation) and needs someone to fix it

Thanks in advance :good:
PeterN

Re: ACOG service/fixing

#2 Post by PeterN »

Sometimes I am with Alpha1 regarding abbreviations that get posted. I have never heard of ACOG and googled it, The first on the list is The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. I presume that is not what you want fixing but some combat sight?
Not everyone understands all the TLAs and FLAs that get posted.
Regards
Peter.
nickb834
Home club or Range: Wakefield R&PC, Warwickshire Armourers R&PC

#3 Post by nickb834 »

Trijicon Importers - Beechwood Sports - give them a shout.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#4 Post by Alpha1 »

So what is a ACOG.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#5 Post by Sim G »

A scope made by Trijicon. Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight. But, it's called "ACOG", not an abbreviation per se.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#6 Post by Alpha1 »

Thanks for the clarification.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#7 Post by Mattnall »

If you send it back there may be some issue with returning it in a few instances. A friend had one they wanted to keep for some reason, IIRC it was bought abroad, the serial number may have come up as not for sale outside LE/Mil.
There might be a problem if it has the bible quote on it too, these have been withdrawn from production and the quotes on some existing ones have been ground off. It might not be an issue here but I'd check before it goes back if only to make sure it will be returned as you want. Removing the quote only made the price go up and made them more collectable.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#8 Post by channel12 »

Mattnall wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:19 am If you send it back there may be some issue with returning it in a few instances. A friend had one they wanted to keep for some reason, IIRC it was bought abroad, the serial number may have come up as not for sale outside LE/Mil.
There might be a problem if it has the bible quote on it too, these have been withdrawn from production and the quotes on some existing ones have been ground off. It might not be an issue here but I'd check before it goes back if only to make sure it will be returned as you want. Removing the quote only made the price go up and made them more collectable.
Trijicon is still putting bible quotes on all their civilian products as it's part of the company's tradition but have stopped doing it on products for the US military.

List of bible verse for each optic here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trijicon_ ... ontroversy
David TS
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms, LERA, SEESA

#9 Post by David TS »

Thanks for the replies. I too hate unecessary use of jargon and acronyms, but as said the ACOG is generally known as the ACOG and not by its full name.

Matt, good point. I don't know if the original source of this ACOG is known, as I believe it may have changed hands more than once, so if there is someone else out there that can fix it that is possibly a less chancy option than sending it back to Beechwood that would make sense!
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#10 Post by Mattnall »

channel12 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:50 pm Trijicon is still putting bible quotes on all their civilian products as it's part of the company's tradition but have stopped doing it on products for the US military.
Good to know, thanks.

The two I have have Jn8:12 and Mt5:16.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.