Cartridge collectors?

A section for exchanging cases, projectiles, powders, slings, non shooting related, anything you can think of. Please bear in mind some things have to be exchanged in person.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Newly registered users can read only, it takes 15 posts on the forum to be able to post here.
Sim G
Past Supporter

Cartridge collectors?

#1 Post by Sim G »

Didn't know where to put this question, so here it is...

Does anyone know any cartridge collectors in the UK? I don't and thought that this would be fraught with problems given our legislation. But, according to "a bloke in the club" ;) it's quite a vibrant activity.....

Anyhoo, the reason I ask is simply, I have 100 rounds of factory loaded ammunition in .32 Winchester Special, by Remington, Federal and Winchester. Speaking with my local dealer, there is no-one listed in the UK trade lists that actually imports this, so I'd imagine it's fairly difficult stuff to get hold of, considering also that there's probably not been any new manufactured rifles in the cal since the 50's/60's.

I got them in the recent deal with my Marlin. Due to it's age, I really don't want to shove them through the Marlin and was going to pull them just for the cases, but they may be of use to someone....

Midway UK list cases so really, I'm just looking for a straight swap. If you know anyone, I'll give them 100 factory rounds of ammo, for 100 Winchester cases. (That's about 54 quid on Midway's price list!)

If no on is interested, I'll pull them anyway! :55:
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Cartridge collectors?

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Apparently you can get a condition on your FAC that allows you to collect such things. It has often crossed my mind as it could be a very interesting subject but then again I like to shoot what I have ammunition for and it would probably cost me a fortune in alarm system as I would end up buying rifles to suit :cool2:

This is why I mentioned obsolete calibres the other day. There are some fascinating firearms in very obscure calibres that deserve to be shot once in a while.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dave 101

#3 Post by Dave 101 »

Hi Sim .

I know of a couple of collectors via my club , when we have a comp they put on a display in the club house but they only need a couple of rounds for their collection , chances are they wouldnt have what you are looking for .
Some collect live rounds and some inert , you may be lucky and sell them as individual rounds at £1 each maybe .
I have a .22 Remington Jet and a couple of people have contacted me having seen items I had posted on forums about it as its a rare one over here .

Dave
Tower75

#4 Post by Tower75 »

See above. We're in the same club and know the same guys. I can ask one of them for you if you like and see if he wants them.

Regards
T
Wait, so I can own a .55 calibre Boys anti-tank rifle, but not a .22 pistol?
John25

#5 Post by John25 »

Give Ted Metcalf in the NRA museum a ring.

He is there on Tuesdays and Fridays and has an extensive collection.

Sorry, can't remember the extension number :(
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#6 Post by HeatherW762 »

Museum extension is 127 - as I'm sitting at my desk and have the list in front of me, not a memory thing!

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
John25

#7 Post by John25 »

And it is open tomorrow and Sunday during Bisley live

:good:
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
Maggot

#8 Post by Maggot »

I is a collector and I is very interested in an inert example or two.

Drop me an email and we can work something out. sign92

Ta

C