Kriss Defiance .22

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

safetyfirst
Past Supporter

Re: Kriss Defiance .22

#11 Post by safetyfirst »

I’ve heard similar things about the barrels but also heard that the production rifles were different so....

I fit a catch 22 to my lowest for .22 anyhow so that aspect wouldn’t bother me. A .223 hold open is only ever a £7 part and a pin punch away is it? Or are they a totally different lower design...

Lots of unknowns here, they need a few months in the wild.

I’m much more interested in the possibility of a semi auto .22 vector carbine.
BamBam

#12 Post by BamBam »

I first heard about this rifle about 3 years ago.
Suspect the receivers and parts are made by an airsoft company affiliated with Kriss.
The stock and pistol grip are certainly the same on the airsoft warsport rifle.

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft/mk- ... -black.htm
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#13 Post by safetyfirst »

I’ve handled he Airsoft rifle and when I took it apart I remember thinking the machining and finish was easily good enough for a real steel rifle.

Krytak is the Kriss Airsoft brand and there must be lots of crossover yes. No bad thing.

Airsoft needn’t be a dirty word that tarnished everything associated with it, some of the engineering I’ve seen on Airsoft rifles is top notch. Some of it is shockingly bad but there are £30 Airsoft AR15 type rifles and £1450 Airsoft rifles.

There’s no such thing as “Airsoft grade”
BamBam

#14 Post by BamBam »

Sure, so it's a £300 airsoft rifle with a 10/22 barrel. Please be my guest and buy one.
The real test is not what you buy new, it's if anybody will buy it from you 2nd hand.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#15 Post by safetyfirst »

Sorry, I didn’t mean to be combative, it’s just that I believe objects should be judged individually on their own merits and not pre-judged based on products an associated company produces.

The slide on my .22 GSG 1911 is of a lesser quality than that on my mates Airsoft 1911 for example.

My next AR will be a home build but I do like the concept of a 10/22 barrel on an AR.

I suspect from what some here have said though that Kriss may have missed the mark with this version.

Shame, still more variety is good :)
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#16 Post by Dellboy »

Lots of purchases depend on personal preference or we would all shoot the same .I don't like the S &W it feels wrong to me (ducks and puts helmet on)prefer the Sig ,but then bought a CMMG which suits what I want (hopefully).
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#17 Post by Blackstuff »

Its the guns reliability that will be the test as to whether it can scratch the 15-22's crown of king of the .22 AR a-likes, at least for mini-rifle comp shooters.
DVC
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#18 Post by safetyfirst »

Yeah, my 15-22 was flawless. My CMMG is about 35,000 rounds into its life now and has been incredibly reliable, way way better than any of the 4 10/22’s I’ve owned.
KidsClays&Cartridges
Home club or Range: Bolton & NRP, Diggle Ranges

#19 Post by KidsClays&Cartridges »

Anyone got their hands on one of these yet? I've seen a couple of RFDs with them listed as in stock and available.
majordisorder

#20 Post by majordisorder »

KidsClays&Cartridges wrote:Anyone got their hands on one of these yet? I've seen a couple of RFDs with them listed as in stock and available.
Yes, they look and feel fantastic. Testing to follow.
Black Rifle - Firearms, Ammunition, Vortex Optics, MDT Chassis, AR-15 accessories and "go-faster" bits for your Smith and GSG 1911