Black rifles are good, But..

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Gundoc
Home club or Range: Triple C Tactical

Re: Black rifles are good, But..

#31 Post by Gundoc »

I would imagine that the reason the L98 hasn't surfaced is that the Lower will probably have been removed and sent to donnington to be reused as new stock for L85's.
I'm writing off an average of 2 rifles a month for various faults that can't be repaired at our level (and probably won't be done at workshop level either)
Yes, I work for Lantac.
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#32 Post by Demonic69 »

Gundoc, do you have any way of finding out?
Sim G
Past Supporter

#33 Post by Sim G »

Was there not some malarky just after the announcement that the cadet rifle would be upgraded to a semi auto thatbthe existing straight pulls would be used for parts where applicable and the remainder destroyed?

Imagine if that same logic had been applied to SMLE's, No4's or even L1A1's for that matter...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#34 Post by Demonic69 »

It's crazy, they're constantly complaining about lack of funds but could easily raise a chunk by selling off older straight pulls. Unless it's more cost effective to reuse and recycle.
I can't imagine a new SA80 being more expensive than an old l98
Sim G
Past Supporter

#35 Post by Sim G »

No, I'm led to believe that cost has nothing to do with it.
I know of one police force that will be getting rid of their marksman rifles, AI's with black folding stocks and 20 inch heavy, fluted barrels. Where as eminently shootable and saleable, they will be destroyed if no other force wants them...

The paranoia of a headline bearing, "Innocents murdered with police gun" is not worth the money sales will generate.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Gundoc
Home club or Range: Triple C Tactical

#36 Post by Gundoc »

I can enquire as to what happened to them, however I'm pretty sure I'm on the money with my explanation, the TMH (our name for the lower) is the serial numbered master item on the weapon, if that goes U/S then the whole weapon is replaced.
and I don't think that anymore TMH's are being produced, so all the available ones are needed for stock
Yes, I work for Lantac.
Dave 101

#37 Post by Dave 101 »

A very accurately reproduced DeLisle carbine in .22 rf . Bolt action 10 round mag capacity and as silent as a pin dropping on the floor .

Dave
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#38 Post by meles meles »

We have a silenced .22 made from a CZ452 with a full length reflex moderator. It worries our RCO whenever we use it, he thinks we're are having repeated misfires because he can't hear anything happening when we squeeze the trigger...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
BamBam

#39 Post by BamBam »

Sim G wrote:No, I'm led to believe that cost has nothing to do with it.
I know of one police force that will be getting rid of their marksman rifles, AI's with black folding stocks and 20 inch heavy, fluted barrels. Where as eminently shootable and saleable, they will be destroyed if no other force wants them...

The paranoia of a headline bearing, "Innocents murdered with police gun" is not worth the money sales will generate.
Throwing more taxpayers money away. :cool2:
Sandgroper
Site Supporter Since 2015

#40 Post by Sandgroper »

meles meles wrote:We have a silenced .22 made from a CZ452 with a full length reflex moderator. It worries our RCO whenever we use it, he thinks we're are having repeated misfires because he can't hear anything happening when we squeeze the trigger...
That's a new one however, no pictures...
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.