CCI Blazer

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

safetyfirst
Past Supporter

Re: CCI Blazer

#21 Post by safetyfirst »

Blazer can be incredibly variable velocity wise, actual audible differences between rounds.
DL.

#22 Post by DL. »

dromia wrote:Blazer is CCI's answer to Remington Thunderbolt.

Both cheap and useless, even if you only have a vague interest in where the bullet goes after leaving the muzzle.
Adam summed it up nicely - blazer ammunition is very inconsistent and as bad as the cheap remington stuff.

SK/RWS for me these days.
mr smith
Home club or Range: Dundee Rifle and Pistol Club

#23 Post by mr smith »

Yeah have to agree about the inconsistency of blazer,first brick I tried was actually fairly decent the second brick no two rounds wanted to land the same place didn't get anymore.Sk for competition but find CCI standard fine for practice and faffing about.
BamBam

#24 Post by BamBam »

if you think Blazer is bad you need to spend some time with american Eagle or Federal Champion, on the sliding scale of crap ammo Blazer isn't the worst, neither is it the best.
Sabertooth
Home club or Range: Donderbus RPC

#25 Post by Sabertooth »

I made the mistake of buying 1000 rounds of American Eagle because they were cheap and still have 950 left in the ammo cabinet, truly awful.
Gun control is hitting the target.
Gazza

#26 Post by Gazza »

I've just bought a thousand Blazer wtf
To be honest I would say it all depends on the gun being used.
My semi loves CCI standard and subs but shoots effing terrible with so called match ammo at 17 quid a hundred.
In fact all match ammo I've tried through the semi was crap.
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

#27 Post by Lever357 »

I bought 500 Winchester T20 recently and they seem to perform well through my Marlin lever action and Ruger 10/22.
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#28 Post by Ovenpaa »

I managed to get through 150 Blazer as test rounds end of last week, I shudder to think how many thousand I have left in the Armoury :(
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
pluginal
Home club or Range: North Coates butts

#29 Post by pluginal »

Just managed to get rid of 500 rounds of American Eagle which were garbage in my Ruger, miss fires, stove pipes you name it! Got some blazers and they feed and fire like clockwork. I will not be buying any more of those American Eagle's.
forbie

#30 Post by forbie »

Ruger 10/22 bog standard apart from the stock. SGC V22 use Eley Edge and CCI AR Tactical seem to be the best. Use Black Dog mags in the 10/22. Have to clean the action regularily with the Eley but cycles well. Wouldn't even consider Blazer CCI mini Mag is So So