CCI Blazer

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

David24

Re: CCI Blazer

#31 Post by David24 »

Blazer tends to work fine in the 15-22 however it doesn't like the lbp. Therefore I tend to spend a bit more and go for CCI standards. These tend to work fine with no issues. Either way Blazer is better than American eagle from when I have used it. However like everything you need to test ammo to see what a rifle likes best.
majordisorder

#32 Post by majordisorder »

I've just got some of these to run through the Smith & KRISS.
Attachments
IMG_4094.JPG
Black Rifle - Firearms, Ammunition, Vortex Optics, MDT Chassis, AR-15 accessories and "go-faster" bits for your Smith and GSG 1911
Gazza

#33 Post by Gazza »

I'll be running a few hundred through the pretendy AR tomorrow so will see if they are sh!te or not.
Gazza

#34 Post by Gazza »

Pretendy AR15 @ 25yds
Vortex red dot with 3x mag.
Resting on elbow on bench.
The dot was as big as the targets so all in all the Blazer was not that bad, a few flyers but that was probably me. :D
A question which sprung to mind is...... If CCI can mass produce accurate ammo then how come the cheap stuff is not accurate?
If its all automated charges etc then are they going out of their way to produce less accurate rounds or are these somehow sub standard rounds which are sold off cheaper under a different name?
Attachments
IMG_20180907_180400987.jpg
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#35 Post by safetyfirst »

I think blazer is their out of spec ammo, a batch of ammo is all weight tested, brass is, charge is, bullet is. Any complete round that deviates from their set variance ends up as blazer for plinking.

That’s what I saw in a boob tube video once.
Gazza

#36 Post by Gazza »

safetyfirst wrote:I think blazer is their out of spec ammo
So maybe it should be called Shizer lol
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#37 Post by dromia »

Cheap .22 ammunition is cheap because it is below spec with wide variations in spec.

There is no reason why it should not in the main group however due to the QC fluctuations it will throw rounds out of the group and this costs points.

It is usually fine for plinking but if you are using it in leagues or competition then it can be a real handicap.

Try shooting a 100 rnd group and you will soon see its deficiencies.

When using semi autos you ammunition choice is limited straight away by the fact that not all ammunition is designed to feed and work the actions of semi autos, also the lube used may or may not be appropriate for semi auto functioning.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Lancs Lad
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#38 Post by Lancs Lad »

My semi auto (Sig522) quite likes these.

Not as good as minimag and somewhat dirty but fine for a bit of general plinking. Never had a stoppage but then I rarely shoot more than 200 of them in the one session. Any more than that and I could see the build up of residue becoming problematic.

LL
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#39 Post by Andy632 »

Quite a few people in our club use these (Club stock) for their semi autos and are quite happy with them. They work fine in our 10/22 & G22 & of course, all the bolt/martini actions. Relatively speaking they are cheap (club sells at £3.50/box), so popular.
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#40 Post by safetyfirst »

They can smell a bit funny. I like them for speed shooting 4” steel plates with at 25 where ammo doesn’t matter.