HTA 90/22 Build Thread :-)

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Adamdavi3s
Home club or Range: Tamar Rangers

Re: HTA 90/22 Build Thread :-)

#31 Post by Adamdavi3s »

So got to shoot this in a club comp and it just kept light striking with all ammo.

However the accuracy and balance is just great, it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot.

So last few weeks it's been a total strip down and clean (it was filthy so I am pretty sure that's the issue), while I was in there I also added the extended bolt and mag releases as well as shimming the trigger a bit.

Made a schoolboy error with the trigger and initially added too many layers of duct tape on top of my silicone tube which meant the trigger wouldn't set when cocked. Took me a night to figure that one out!

I thought it might end up being a bit spongey but actually it's now quite a nice trigger, a LOT better than it was without the shim. At some point I will get something more permanent sorted

Still need to add one more bolt for the RIS (through the upper section of the rifle) but other than that I am hoping she's now done
Attachments
IMG_8916.JPG
IMG_8915.JPG
IMG_8914.JPG
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#32 Post by Ovenpaa »

If you drill an offset hole in the bushing and cross drill for a grub screw you can rotate it to the optimum position and lock it in place, consider it fine tuning :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Adamdavi3s

#33 Post by Adamdavi3s »

Ovenpaa wrote:If you drill an offset hole in the bushing and cross drill for a grub screw you can rotate it to the optimum position and lock it in place, consider it fine tuning :)
Superb! Hadn't even considered that
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#34 Post by Ovenpaa »

It allows you to get the best fit and still allows the trigger to reset, I have made a couple now however I have never kept a note of the dimensions.

aaarggh
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Adamdavi3s

#35 Post by Adamdavi3s »

Hahaha! I'm sure I can knock one up at some point.

Ran like a dream tonight, discovered it was the bx-15 mags it just hates... I bought them new and have tried them a few times and it just won't feed.

Old 10round, works flawlessly as here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj3erKaaBbA