Electronic triggers

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Rockhopper

Electronic triggers

#1 Post by Rockhopper »

I'm vaguely contemplating buying a Walther KK500 but what are peoples opinions of the optional electronic trigger over the more traditional type?
RobB
Home club or Range: Cuckfield Rifle Club and OSM (Bisley)

Re: Electronic triggers

#2 Post by RobB »

Unfortunately I haven't shot an electronic trigger, however, I do have a KK500 with the mechanical trigger and can't see a reason for changing. I love the trigger on it.

Sent from my boing using "An application"
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#3 Post by 20series »

Rockhopper wrote:I'm vaguely contemplating buying a Walther KK500 but what are peoples opinions of the optional electronic trigger over the more traditional type?
Don't bother everyone I know who had the electronic trigger had it ripped out and replaced with the mechanical. They're a pain in the arse, with a red LED that requires the first stage to be held for a few seconds before going green to allow the second stage.

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Rockhopper

#4 Post by Rockhopper »

Cheers, someone in my club said they had no end of trouble with them but didn't elaborate as to why.
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#5 Post by 20series »

Rockhopper wrote:Cheers, someone in my club said they had no end of trouble with them but didn't elaborate as to why.
As I recall they were very temperamental as to minute pressure changes leading to people getting wanting to release a shot only to find the red led was back on because they'd partly released the first stage.
Personally I had an Anschutz 2013 having tried Walther and Feinwerkbaus belonging to club members and found it worked for me.

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
chapps
Home club or Range: Burgess Hill TSC

#6 Post by chapps »

I have an electronic trigger on my steyr target pistol. It is sublime and easily the best trigger I have ever shot on anything bar none. Don't know if that helps any as its a different manufacturer...
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#7 Post by Les »

I've had a couple of rifles with electronic triggers, but they didn't stay long. Give me a well adjusted mechanical 2 stage trigger any day of the week. Image
tisme

#8 Post by tisme »

Daystate air rifle electronic triggers are really nice