Mauser 45 .22 training rifle

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Mauser 45 .22 training rifle

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

I know its a tall order but does any one have any experience of scoping one of these rifles. I know B square used to do a no drilling mount years ago.
Actually lots of years ago. Any way any info would be good. Dimensions or any thing that wold give me a clue so I can remake one.
Alpha1

Re: Mauser 45 .22 training rifle

#2 Post by Alpha1 »

This is my latest project I found some stuff on the web B square did indeed make a none gunsmithing scope mount for the Mauser/Mas 45 .22 rimfire.

I will probably shoot this rifle in its current set up a couple of times a year.

So If I can scope it successfully I can use it two or three times a week and it means I don't have to by a new rimfire and the empty slot I have left can be used for the original caliber I applied for.
I dont want to alter or damage the rifle in any way. I have to be able to turn it back to its original set up. I have made a start I'm fairly confident I can do it.
Depends how it performs with a scope I think I'm more into a bench rest type of shooting it will probably be shot of a rest sat at a bench.
I may try it prone with the rest of the .22 jockeys just to see how it goes. But any way it should keep me out of mischief for a week or two.
Im going to use aluminium because its easy to machine. So of we jolly well go.
hmm whats next teanews
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

What's next? Post a picture of the rifle as it is of course :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1

#4 Post by Alpha1 »

Ah yes pictures what a good idea why didnt I think of that. Ill get on it.
Alpha1

#5 Post by Alpha1 »

Hmm probably not a good idea to post pictures of it as it is. Unless you want me to of course.
I have completely stripped the rifle. I have removed the rear sight the stock the trigger group etc etc.
I am amazed at the quality of this rifle every part is matching numbers including the stock. The stock has the rifle number stamped into the wood its number 5911. Underneath the wood everything was still in the original grease. I'm guessing this rifle has very very little use all the screws etc look untouched
I found a couple of none gun smithing mounts on a French auction site but apparently there are two types of rear sight a drilled and tapped version and a silver soldered version mine is the silver soldered version. So the sight wont go on mine.
So I am going to have to make one.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

:good:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal