Ordered a Rimfire Magic

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: Ordered a Rimfire Magic

#11 Post by Sim G »

Everyone should have a 10/22 of some description...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Odd Job

#12 Post by Odd Job »

So far I am happy with the rifle. In the beginning there were a few failures to feed but it seems to have settled down now.
Using the same scope as the Thompson Center R55 Benchmark, I was surprised to see it is not as accurate. That was with RWS Rifle Match which has been decent ammo in any gun I have tried. The same happened with Eley Sport: the R55 was more accurate.

However: I bought this as an off-hand gun which will be reliable for moderator testing. And that is what it does very well so far.
I use a Burris Fast Fire III on it (the one that was on my SIG522, with the Yankee Hill Machine riser).

I have 10 magazines for it and I have performed the "shim enhancement" on all of them. Seems to be working great!

I'll post a pic of the rifle soon, in it's current working configuration.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
Odd Job

#13 Post by Odd Job »

Here is the Rimfire Magic:

It has a 16" Volquartsen barrel, Ruger BX enhanced trigger and a Magpul X22 stock. There is an extended charging handle and an improved extractor also. The optic is a Burris fast Fire III, which needs a 1/2" riser to sit central to my line of sight. In this case the riser is from Yankee Hill Machine.

I'm very happy with it so far. Happiness is a reliable gun with a load of mags and a moderator:

Now all I need to do is buy spare firing pins, bolt buffer and extractor...
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#14 Post by Geek »

Great looking rifle. It's what I should have done instead of buying a new standard rifle and upgrading as and when.
As said before, everyone should have a 10/22.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
sclg
Site Supporter 2019
Home club or Range: Pipers Shooting Club

#15 Post by sclg »

Just to add to this, I had a 15 year old standard 10/22 and decided it needed a bit of an update. I'd already had a Rimfire Magic trigger job years ago so went back to Roger. New carbon fibre barrel, stock, bolt handle and mag release and the whole thing is transformed!
I season latter and a significant increase in my average razz

You really can't beat their service and advice.
Steve