CZ452 varmit scope base.

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

CZ452 varmit scope base.

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

Were will I get a dedicated CZ452 varmit scope base weaver/picathingy rail from. Is the trigger kit worth having.
What size is the thread on the barrel that the moderator normally goes on. I need to make a thread protector for it.
strangesam
Home club or Range: Invicta Bristol, Frome and District PC

Re: CZ452 varmit scope base.

#2 Post by strangesam »

I believe Rimfire Magic might make one.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#3 Post by kennyc »

Alpha1 wrote:Were will I get a dedicated CZ452 varmit scope base weaver/picathingy rail from. Is the trigger kit worth having.
What size is the thread on the barrel that the moderator normally goes on. I need to make a thread protector for it.
normally the thread is /2"UNF and the rails can be found online I'm told the spring kits are worth fitting
Alpha1

#4 Post by Alpha1 »

I sorted the end cap it is 1/2"x20 tpi. I also managed to sort out a sight base by modifying some bits I had laid about. So I'm all ready to rock and roll. I will be giving it big licks to morrow evening. lollol
Kungfugerbil
Past Supporter

#5 Post by Kungfugerbil »

The trigger kit is absolutely worth looking at. Some include shims, some are just lighter springs. Some folks swear you can use a ballpoint pen spring but if going down that route I would want to throughly bump test after fitting!

For fifteen quid from rimfire magic it's a no brainer to me.
Alpha1

#6 Post by Alpha1 »

Thanks I think I will invest in one of the trigger kits.
glevum
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club

#7 Post by glevum »

Optics Warehouse do a rail. Check the dovetail size on the rifle before ordering, they vary.

https://opticswarehouse.co.uk/product/r ... inny-rail/
Alpha1

#8 Post by Alpha1 »

The scope base thing is sorted I was able to cobble some thing up from bits I had laid about. The muzzle protector is sorted. I have ordered a trigger kit. I fitted a scope and benched the rifle to night. It shoots really tight groups the eye relief on the scope isn't perfect but I'm sure with a bit of tweaking I can get it right. I was asked at least three times if I was going to fit a moderator. They don't seem to get it. When there questions fell on stony ground the next question was well what about a nice muzzle break. I really do despair.
If they are printing into a tiny ragged hole what difference is a moderator or a muzzle break going to make.
wallhead