Correct use of a semi-auto

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Correct use of a semi-auto

#31 Post by Blackstuff »

signfunnypost I would be very tempted lol
DVC
Nelly2014
Home club or Range: WNSC, UKPSA, SDC, MYOB

#32 Post by Nelly2014 »

channel12 wrote:From my club's members only webpage
We have noted a number of incidents of rapid, indiscriminate firing of .22 firearms. Our Range Rules state that all shots should be aimed shots and indiscriminate or casual shooting is not allowed.
Yes. This is what prompted me to start the thread. However, make no mistake, as other posters have noted there are a number of clubs that have this attitude about 'rapid fire' which I have personally experienced at 2 clubs where I did not renew my membership, directly for that reason.
I have lost count of the times that I have heard said "I prefer to come later and shoot on my own when it's quiet so the miserable old gits don't pull faces at my style and choice of gun" (or words very similar to that)
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#33 Post by channel12 »

Nelly2014 wrote:
channel12 wrote:From my club's members only webpage
We have noted a number of incidents of rapid, indiscriminate firing of .22 firearms. Our Range Rules state that all shots should be aimed shots and indiscriminate or casual shooting is not allowed.
Yes. This is what prompted me to start the thread. However, make no mistake, as other posters have noted there are a number of clubs that have this attitude about 'rapid fire' which I have personally experienced at 2 clubs where I did not renew my membership, directly for that reason.
I have lost count of the times that I have heard said "I prefer to come later and shoot on my own when it's quiet so the miserable old gits don't pull faces at my style and choice of gun" (or words very similar to that)

Have you thought about using an electric airsoft rifle? You could satisfy your desire to shoot rapidly or do full auto mag dumps in the privacy of your own garden bangbang lol
CDM5
Home club or Range: Tidworth RPC & Bisley

#34 Post by CDM5 »

I've been told a handful of times not to fire too quickly fire at my club, I've been a member for 5 and a half years.
Last weekend I was using up the last of my plinking ammo, 20 rounds through a GSG522 with a moderator, about 2 shots per second.
Club secretary came over and sternly said not to do that again as the general public walking by may think it's automatic fire 8-)

But when there's 8 other lanes of shooters and we're doing a comp of 2 shots within 3 seconds with .38/.44, that sounds ok then 8-)
Kungfugerbil
Past Supporter

#35 Post by Kungfugerbil »

Can't believe some of these attitudes... my club is pretty tradionalist but apart from a few jokey comments I've never had grief for going at it with a black rifle. If life was just gimp jackets and 10-spot cards it would be dull....
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#36 Post by phaedra1106 »

CDM5 wrote:Club secretary came over and sternly said not to do that again as the general public walking by may think it's automatic fire
The words "Buttstock, head, the, of, side, the and to" seem to be trying to form a sentence ................................ 8-)
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

#37 Post by FredB »

A majority of .22 semi auto members of our club like to practice missing until they can do it perfectly every time. We encourage this, since we sell them the ammo, and fast wastage of 22s means more revenue. However, we do draw the line at imitating a machine gun. We have met people who believe that we shoot machine guns and we don't need the local community, who have always been very supporting, turning against us.
In 60+ years of shooting, I have never met anybody who could shoot quickly who wasn't very good indeed at precision shooting.
Fred
Nelly2014
Home club or Range: WNSC, UKPSA, SDC, MYOB

#38 Post by Nelly2014 »

"Have you thought about using an electric airsoft rifle? You could satisfy your desire to shoot rapidly or do full auto mag dumps in the privacy of your own garden bangbang lol"

Yes I have.
In fact I've got one of those four grand airsoft electric mini-guns on order just for that very purpose. shakeshout
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#39 Post by safetyfirst »

I shoot steels with a gas Airsoft pistol, fabulous fun you can enjoy in your back yard. 20*20 4mm steel rings like a gong when you hit it with a biodegradable Airsoft ball which then shatters.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#40 Post by Mattnall »

ARGH! We're going all air-softie. Stop this madness now.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.