Magpul X22 stock

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Sim G
Past Supporter

Magpul X22 stock

#1 Post by Sim G »

Does anyone or has anyone, tried or own the Magpul X22 stock or the Ruger 10/22? I like the look, but I've never seen one in the flesh, so don't know how it will feel.

And, from the front of the receiver to the front of the fore end, how long is it? I have a short bull barrel and a over barrel mod...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
RDC

Re: Magpul X22 stock

#2 Post by RDC »

If the feel is anything like their stock for the Remmy 700, the feel will be nice and has comfortable ergonomics.

Personally never got the ruger stock because I read too many reports and reviews saying it felt lovely but had a negative impact on accuracy.
Zilberbak
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club, HBRA, Pipers & DRPC

#3 Post by Zilberbak »

Have one fitted to my bull barrel that originally started out as a SR22. Best stock that l have fitted and l have fitted a few. Have a spare one in black as l was impatient for the green one to come out. Determined to leave it in this one as you can put in/take out inserts for LOP and add different cheek risers on it. Opted for a Blackhawk Velcro’d cheek riser as prefer it.
Zilberbak

Vested interest in .22LR .357 9mm .223 .308 7.62x39 & 7.62x54R
Sim G
Past Supporter

#4 Post by Sim G »

Splendid! How long is the fore arm from the front of the receiver?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Zilberbak

#5 Post by Zilberbak »

Would love to tell you but in Austria at the moment not back until Wednesday. If no one replies before hand will tell you when l get back
Zilberbak

Sim G
Past Supporter

#6 Post by Sim G »

That would be great, thanks.

Zilberbak

#7 Post by Zilberbak »

Back home now, have just measured from the front of the magazine well to the front of the forend measures 307mm (12” more or less).
Zilberbak

Sim G
Past Supporter

#8 Post by Sim G »

That's brilliant, thanks. The reason was is that my barrel has been chopped and I have a Whisper reflex mod on it. The X22 looks long in the fore end, and I didn't want the mod to foul the fore end as that would be a deal breaker.

May very well keep an eye out for one now! Thanks again..