CZ 455 evolution

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Gazza

CZ 455 evolution

#1 Post by Gazza »

Does anyone have one of these as I'm quite liking the look of them. Any issues?
I know the stock design and colour is quite radical and not to everyones taste :D
I havent managed to get my hands on one yet to have a good look but first impressions from pictures makes it look like the stock is longer than normal and I would need arms longer than my legs to be comfy with it. This I hope is just an illusion but it does look out of proportion from the pics.

bradaz11
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

Re: CZ 455 evolution

#2 Post by bradaz11 »

i have an evoloution stock on my 10/22 find it to be a perfect size (as for radical colours, mine is purple)
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
TomH
Home club or Range: ORPC

#3 Post by TomH »

Length of pull is only 13.75"
john60wales
Home club or Range: Swansea & Carreg

#4 Post by john60wales »

I had one of these in blue...for a couple of years. It was very accurate using good ammo...but utter crap with good old blaser. To be honest I did not get on with the stock at all...but thats just me. Quite a few at my club use this stock on their Rugers & seem very happy with them.
I ended up trading it in for a sako 6.5 x 55..
cheers
John
Les
Home club or Range: WRPC

#5 Post by Les »

I fitted a Boyds 'Evolution' type stock to my CZ455 Thumbhole Varmint, and it is OK. It can be a PITA if you use it on some benchrest-type stands, because the 'hump' at the front can get in the way, but it's fine if you position it correctly. It's good for offhand shooting, although that's definitely not my strongpoint.

The only difference between the normal 455 and the Evolution variety is the barrel length ..... 16" for Evo, and 20" for the rest. I imagine the Evo would be quite well balanced for offhand shooting.