.22 semi auto "machine gun"

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Grizzly

.22 semi auto "machine gun"

#1 Post by Grizzly »

Any reason why this wouldn't be legal in UK? It's a semi auto 22lr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3htG_a2bYI8
Tony-c

Re: .22 semi auto "machine gun"

#2 Post by Tony-c »

its under the 12/24 rule
just as I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel.......... I realised it was just my boss with more work and a torch.
Grizzly

#3 Post by Grizzly »

Tony-c wrote:its under the 12/24 rule
With a longer barrel.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Blackstuff »

They could do a M2 50BMG to keep the scale right and be UK legal :good: Finding a range that would let you use it might be the sticking point!
DVC
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#5 Post by dromia »

Long long ago when fairies dwelt in the land and there were gnomes at the bottom of the garden I had a rig which mounted four 10/22 barrelled actions which were fired by turning a handle which was connected to cams that tripped the triggers, it would make an impressive display of "splash" in the sand back stop. Very popular but pricey to feed even in .22rf, it would certainly rattle through the rounds.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#6 Post by safetyfirst »

You might fall foul of the discharging of multiple rounds without repeated pressure on the trigger side of things, I dunno.
Grizzly

#7 Post by Grizzly »

dromia wrote:Long long ago when fairies dwelt in the land and there were gnomes at the bottom of the garden I had a rig which mounted four 10/22 barrelled actions which were fired by turning a handle which was connected to cams that tripped the triggers, it would make an impressive display of "splash" in the sand back stop. Very popular but pricey to feed even in .22rf, it would certainly rattle through the rounds.
Excellent. Did you hit the target? ; )
Grizzly

#8 Post by Grizzly »

Blackstuff wrote:They could do a M2 50BMG to keep the scale right and be UK legal :good: Finding a range that would let you use it might be the sticking point!
To avoid disappointment I think I'd prefer the scaled down version. Like the mini cannons they shoot at WNSC.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#9 Post by dromia »

Grizzly wrote:
dromia wrote:Long long ago when fairies dwelt in the land and there were gnomes at the bottom of the garden I had a rig which mounted four 10/22 barrelled actions which were fired by turning a handle which was connected to cams that tripped the triggers, it would make an impressive display of "splash" in the sand back stop. Very popular but pricey to feed even in .22rf, it would certainly rattle through the rounds.
Excellent. Did you hit the target? ; )
Target?

What target?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Grizzly

#10 Post by Grizzly »

Blackstuff wrote:They could do a M2 50BMG to keep the scale right and be UK legal :good: Finding a range that would let you use it might be the sticking point!
M2 version in 22WMR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nzRFf3FxXY