Replacement stocks for CZ 452

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

Replacement stocks for CZ 452

#1 Post by Daryll »

I'm thinking about splashing out on a new stock for my trusty CZ452 Varmint... its only used on the range, but I don't feel the standard stock does it justice.

I see there are some "Klinsky" stocks available at a reasonable price, does anyone have one or handled one..??
I like the look of the "action stock"
http://csw-online.co.uk/klinsky-cz452-a ... -179-p.asp

They look a bit ...agricultural??... compared with the Boyds stocks, but do have adjustable LOP and cheek piece.

Any other suggestions in the £2-300 range..?

TIA

Daryll.
Gazza

Re: Replacement stocks for CZ 452

#2 Post by Gazza »

I agree... that does look a bit "roughly whittled in the shed" compared to a Boyds.
My 455 Evo has a Boyds and is a belter of a fit for me but I've read that the pistol grip is a little short for people with big hands.
I'd go for a Boyds but try and handle one first if you have shovels.
You could even have a look at the MSS chassis :good:
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

I have come across a couple of Klinsky stocks where the fit for the 452 was way less than perfect. My choice right now for the 452 is Parmoor where the inlet and finish is always good however they do come without a surface finish so expect to spend some time applying the finish and stains of your choice such as oil or varnish which is handy as all customers are different :)

This is a picture from a customer a couple of weeks ago, he specifically asked for a left hand stock for right hand action for a 17HMR variant (His choice of colour!)
452.jpg
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Chapuis

#4 Post by Chapuis »

I fancied changing the stock on my trusty and well used 452 varmint and was considering putting the rifle in a Boyds thumbhole stock. Fortunately I had the opportunity to try someone else's rifle fitted with such a stock and discovered that for me it just didn't work. Actually and to be perfectly honest it was a bit more than just didn't work I found that I hated it, totally the wrong size/shape for my hand. So I decided to stick with the original stock.
That's not to say it wouldn't work for someone else, but just not for me.
Kungfugerbil
Past Supporter

#5 Post by Kungfugerbil »

Ovenpaa wrote:My choice right now for the 452 is Parmoor where the inlet and finish is always good however they do come without a surface finish so expect to spend some time applying the finish and stains of your choice
I picked up a benchrest stock for my Anschutz from Steve (Parmoor) - as you say, final sanding, bedding and finish were up to me but that’s the fun stuff. Dirt cheap too. Nice bloke as well, although permanently covered in sawdust :)
Daryll
Past Supporter

#6 Post by Daryll »

Kungfugerbil wrote:
Ovenpaa wrote:My choice right now for the 452 is Parmoor where the inlet and finish is always good however they do come without a surface finish so expect to spend some time applying the finish and stains of your choice
I picked up a benchrest stock for my Anschutz from Steve (Parmoor) - as you say, final sanding, bedding and finish were up to me but that’s the fun stuff. Dirt cheap too. Nice bloke as well, although permanently covered in sawdust :)

I have just emailed Steve asking what the options and prices are for their Tactical stocks...
Daryll
Past Supporter

#7 Post by Daryll »

Ovenpaa wrote:I have come across a couple of Klinsky stocks where the fit for the 452 was way less than perfect. My choice right now for the 452 is Parmoor where the inlet and finish is always good however they do come without a surface finish so expect to spend some time applying the finish and stains of your choice such as oil or varnish which is handy as all customers are different :)

This is a picture from a customer a couple of weeks ago, he specifically asked for a left hand stock for right hand action for a 17HMR variant (His choice of colour!)
452.jpg
What stain was used on that Ovenpaa?? I'm probably going to go with a Parmoor stock, and i quite fancy a red finish...
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

Daryll, I am not sure what stain was used so I will ask the question.

Steve at Parmoor is OK and always has an interesting turn of phrase :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
NoEntry
Home club or Range: Phoenix Shooters Association. Grange Rifle and Pistol Club. Jersey Pistol Club

#9 Post by NoEntry »

Ovenpaa wrote:I have come across a couple of Klinsky stocks where the fit for the 452 was way less than perfect. My choice right now for the 452 is Parmoor where the inlet and finish is always good however they do come without a surface finish so expect to spend some time applying the finish and stains of your choice such as oil or varnish which is handy as all customers are different :)

452.jpg
I go with David on this, I have a Paramoor on min. Took a bit of sanding and finishing but the stock is good.
Daryll
Past Supporter

#10 Post by Daryll »

Thanks Gents, A Parmoor stock is on its way to me as we speak..

I've found some Birch ply in the shed and sanded some contours into it, so have been experimenting with stains and various coats of Tru Oil so I know what I'm doing when the stock arrives. :good: