M&P 15/22 thread????

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: M&P 15/22 thread????

#21 Post by Blackstuff »

This video shows some fairly typical LBF type comps (Crocketford starts around 5:27 mark). Normally 100-150rds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhPulRtqya8&t=168s
DVC
BamBam

#22 Post by BamBam »

Blackstuff wrote:Sorry, have been ill recently and looking at a computer monitor hurt my eyes, I had/still have actual flu, not just the male variety!

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES REMOVE THE MUZZLE BRAKE BY CLAMPING (OR HOLDING) ANY PART OF THE GUN OTHER THAN THE BARREL!!
Unless you have a 12" barrel, then you can't clamp the barrel as there isn't enough.
Blackstuff

#23 Post by Blackstuff »

You can still get a purchase on some of the barrel (if you have the original/picatinny type handguard), but yes, you need to be extra careful if you've had the barrel chopped
DVC
Cutch
Home club or Range: Glasgow and District Pistol Club

#24 Post by Cutch »

Blackstuff wrote:This video shows some fairly typical LBF type comps (Crocketford starts around 5:27 mark). Normally 100-150rds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhPulRtqya8&t=168s
Cant watch it offshore mate. Connection is too weak, will have a look when Im home.

I take it LBF is long barrel firearms?? I could use my LBP and my 15/22?
Blackstuff

#25 Post by Blackstuff »

Yes LBF is Long Barrelled Firearm. It was originally a simpler way to say LBP and LBR (l-b pistol and revolver) but now covers all firearms suitable for IPSC type shooting that aren't shotguns.

Depending on which type of competition it is you may be able to use both, you may be able to use both but only is scored, or you may only be able to use one.
DVC
Cutch

#26 Post by Cutch »

If ive not had anything planned by the wife for that weekend i might come down then. Been wanting to use them both in competition. Well... the 15/22 really. When i did my safety course i didnt like the feel of the LBP on my holster. Just didnt feel secure. Gone are the days of old when i had my glock 17.....miss proper handguns...
Cutch

#27 Post by Cutch »

Just checked. Im good to go. Ill email Vanessa and arrange it.