Whoo Hoo! ordered one!

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

pluginal
Home club or Range: North Coates butts

Re: Whoo Hoo! ordered one!

#31 Post by pluginal »

Well, I am now the proud owner of a Lantac CMMG M4. shakeshout Went along to meet Rob and collect my little treasure this morning. Not what I was expecting, it is a quaint little village tucked away in some amazing scenery. (Expected a large warehouse on an industrial estate or the likes) Anyway enough of my banter here are some shots of it before it goes to the range tomorrow.
M4RH.JPG
M4 LH.JPG
Gazza

#32 Post by Gazza »

Tip: Take out the forward assist plastic thingy before it turns to dust and jams everything up :good:
Did you buy a spare firing pin? or two? lol
pluginal

#33 Post by pluginal »

No didn't buy one but made sure he had got some in stock. Got to admit that forward assist bit does look a bit Heath Robinson it fell out when I took the bolt out and I had a bit of head scratching as to how it went back in. Sussed it in the end though. Will see how long it lasts then.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

Whoo Hoo! ordered one!

#34 Post by safetyfirst »

I fitted a catch 22 bolt catch to mine and binned the forward assist adapter. Also binned the ready mag adapter drop in thingy.

Never looked back. 15K rounds in.
pluginal

#35 Post by pluginal »

safetyfirst wrote:I fitted a catch 22 bolt catch to mine and binned the forward assist adapter. Also binned the ready mag adapter drop in thingy.

Never looked back. 15K rounds in.
What is the catch 22 bolt catch and where was it from? I have checked the Boonie Packer adaptor with the S&W 15/22 mag and it seems to work ok dry but will know more after range time tomorrow. Rob did say you can get a metal forward assist for them but they are around £80! He did also say it will work without it.
BamBam

#36 Post by BamBam »

My forward assist insert is still new as I took it out before the first shot was fired.
I would like a cleaner sided upper with no FA.
daman
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: HRPC, NRA, BASC, BDS, Larbert, UKPSA

#37 Post by daman »

BamBam wrote: I would like a cleaner sided upper with no FA.
Wouldn't that be a 15-22? ducks and runs
BamBam

#38 Post by BamBam »

daman wrote:
BamBam wrote: I would like a cleaner sided upper with no FA.
Wouldn't that be a 15-22? ducks and runs
Why you... **** bangbang
pluginal

#39 Post by pluginal »

Well I just got back from the range with a very big grin on my face! It performed flawlessly on CCI blazers and CCI standard. 200 rounds and not one misfire or jamb. As quick as I could pull the trigger it want bang and cycled the rounds always holding the bolt back after the last round. Only complaint I have is the sights are not good, but that is my own fault for fitting the carry handle as the rear sight! (It does leave a lot to be desired as the sight picture is so large it can be moved around a lot inside the peep hole) So I cant confirm how accurate it is at this point. I did have the sight over full left but it was still shooting about 2" right at 25 yds! It did group better than I expected allowing for the 2" difference. I was also amazed at how easy it was to hold on target while standing with it being so short and light. Those 15/22 S&W mags are a breeze to load too. I think I may need to up my allocation of .22lr though. LOL
pluginal

Re: Whoo Hoo! ordered one! update!

#40 Post by pluginal »

Well an update on my Lantac CMMG. I have now put around 1000 rounds through it and only had two miss extractions! (re cocking solving this) It has however eaten the plastic forward assist thingy which I have now removed. I have to admit I am very impressed with it so far. I had a chance to shoot it on the 100 mtr range and found it pretty accurate with groups of just over 2" using cci standard. No problems with the firing pin so far although I have been making sure I don't dry fire it just in case. I do like the Boonie Packer mag adapter which has the last round hold open and those 15/22 mags are a breeze to load. All in all, very happy. :D