HAMMERLI TAC R1

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Sc85uk

HAMMERLI TAC R1

#1 Post by Sc85uk »

Hello, I was looking to pick up a new toy as I have had my current rifle for almost 3 years now and have multiple free slots on my FAC.

I was looking to get a Kriss Defiance or one of the Lantac rifles and come across the HAMMERLI TAC R1 with seems like a decent rifle for the price and just want something to tide me over until I cant get my hands on one of the aforementioned rifles.

The thing is I can barely find any information about the rifle and it has been out for quite some time, has anyone had any experience with these?

All I know and have found out so far is that they are manufactured by Walther/Umerex which I have no problem with.
strangesam
Home club or Range: Invicta Bristol, Frome and District PC

Re: HAMMERLI TAC R1

#2 Post by strangesam »

I think there is a review of it in one of the shooting magazines (the one which comes with gunmart in tesco) this month.
J4mes
Home club or Range: Classified

#3 Post by J4mes »

I've seen them advertised but always thought for another £50 you could have the well known M&P 15-22.
Sc85uk

#4 Post by Sc85uk »

J4mes wrote:I've seen them advertised but always thought for another £50 you could have the well known M&P 15-22.
Not a fan of the 15-22, do not like the aesthetics or the weight since its polymer.
strangesam wrote:I think there is a review of it in one of the shooting magazines (the one which comes with gunmart in tesco) this month.
I have seen something on their website https://www.gunmart.net/shooting-advice ... 22-rimfire but what they are saying and what John Rothery say on their youtube vid give conflicting information.
Kungfugerbil

#5 Post by Kungfugerbil »

It appears to be an HK416 in slightly different clothing - the exploded diagram available on the Rothery website confirms this.

Some folks liked them. I have a Walther MP5 - very similar mechanism, different clothes - and it has been faultless in thousands upon thousands of rounds. Literally, faultless.

Vive la difference I say. Ultimately they are all blowback rimfires that will do what you want them to.
Kungfugerbil

#6 Post by Kungfugerbil »

Sc85uk

#7 Post by Sc85uk »

Kungfugerbil wrote:It appears to be an HK416 in slightly different clothing - the exploded diagram available on the Rothery website confirms this.
I spoke with the retailer I was going to purchase it from and he did say internally it is the same as the HK416, I guess he is a more reliable source of information than J.R.

Would I be correct in my assumption that the HK416 has a fully functional bolt hold open which operates even when you remove the mag?
Sim G

#8 Post by Sim G »

No, it doesn’t.

Should have added, it’s the magazine follower that traps the bolt open. Take the mag out, bolt slams shut.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sc85uk

#9 Post by Sc85uk »

Sim G wrote:No, it doesn’t.

Should have added, it’s the magazine follower that traps the bolt open. Take the mag out, bolt slams shut.

Thanks for that information, I think I will give it a miss knowing that.

Are there any other cheap AR15 styled rifles barring the 15-22 that will hold the bolt open upon removal of the mag?
Dellboy
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#10 Post by Dellboy »

sig 522 i think
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.