Anschutz 1417

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Mattylad

Anschutz 1417

#1 Post by Mattylad »

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum so please be gentle.

I am having a bit of trouble with my trusty Anschutz 1417 rimfire. The rifle is about 8 years old but has not had a great deal of use as I only really use it in summer. This year it has started to occasionally not eject empty casings. I have stripped the gun down and cleaned everything and reassembled with a little bit of light oil with only a marginal improvement. I am using Winchester ammo as I have always done without any issues until now.
I was wondering if anyone with a bit more experience might be able to suggest a remedy please?

Many thanks.
MotorRacingBruce1980
Home club or Range: 5th Sussex Home Guard Rifle Club Worthing, Ford/Yapton, Fittleworth, Bisley

Re: Anschutz 1417

#2 Post by MotorRacingBruce1980 »

Check the rim thickness on the ammo your using. Might sound strange but my Anschutz is fussy on ejecting if the Rim thickness is slightly thinner (admittedly mine is a single extractor model).

If yours is a twin extractor are they worn or even round the correct way? That might not be the case with your Anschutz but on my CZ the Extractors are handed.
Anschutz Supermatch54, CZ452 LTH, Savage 16 FCSS 223, Ruger No1 243,
Enfield No4 Mk1/2 303, Mauser M18 308, Martini Henry Mk3 577/450, Chiappa 1892 357mag, Franchi Affin 12g, Miroku Mk38 GD5 Trap 12g, Ugartechea BLE SxS 12g, BSA R10 22, Webley Alecto 177
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#3 Post by Les »

Make sure that the "ejector recess" in the barrel is totally clear .... the ejector might be struggling to actually get in far enough to collect the empty case.

As Bruce has said, make sure the ejector itself is OK, too, and not rounded etc etc.
Mattylad

#4 Post by Mattylad »

Thanks for the input, I will check the above.