Most accurate .22LR semi-auto

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

Re: Most accurate .22LR semi-auto

#31 Post by Geek »

I have a modified 10/22 (Hogue stock, VQ carbon barrel [16"], Timney trigger, Power Custom firing pin, extractor and charging handle) that shoots exceptionally well. Although, to be honest not much standard 10/22 left other than the receiver and bolt.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#32 Post by Ovenpaa »

Shame it has to be a Self loader, this group was shot at 50 metres but from a bolt action (rested on my hand and an old bit of wood.
IMG_6832.jpeg
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Thorney
Home club or Range: Silverstone Shooting Centre

#33 Post by Thorney »

I've done a lot of testing of semi auto .22 at 100m and the answer to the OP question, out of a box, is the CZ 512 Tactical. Beats 15.22, 10.22, DMK, Vector. Of course there are a huge variety of other aspects from barrel lenght, ammo, wind and how crap the shooter is but like for like, out of the box the CZ has beaten everything I compare it with. Its is however, utter garbage for practical as mag changes are nigh on impossible to execute quickly without three hands.
Cornish-Viking
Home club or Range: Tamar Rangers, Cornwall Rifle Club, Duchy Shooting Association & Launceston Rifle and Pistol Club

#34 Post by Cornish-Viking »

Thorney wrote:I've done a lot of testing of semi auto .22 at 100m and the answer to the OP question, out of a box, is the CZ 512 Tactical. Beats 15.22, 10.22, DMK, Vector. Of course there are a huge variety of other aspects from barrel lenght, ammo, wind and how crap the shooter is but like for like, out of the box the CZ has beaten everything I compare it with. Its is however, utter garbage for practical as mag changes are nigh on impossible to execute quickly without three hands.
I see you shoot at Silverstone....How you guys getting on testing the Vector?
- Tikka - 6.5 Creedmoor/MDT ACC
- Schmeisser LMR 223
- 1942 Lee Enfield No4 Mk1
- Bergara B14r Carbon
- CZ 457 Long Range Precision Gen2
- Kriss Defiance DMK
- GSG 1911
- Beretta 686E 12g

https://www.instagram.com/cornish_viking/
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#35 Post by Gh0st »

Cornish-Viking wrote:
Thorney wrote:I've done a lot of testing of semi auto .22 at 100m and the answer to the OP question, out of a box, is the CZ 512 Tactical. Beats 15.22, 10.22, DMK, Vector. Of course there are a huge variety of other aspects from barrel lenght, ammo, wind and how crap the shooter is but like for like, out of the box the CZ has beaten everything I compare it with. Its is however, utter garbage for practical as mag changes are nigh on impossible to execute quickly without three hands.
He is Silverstone Shooting Centre lol
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Thorney

#36 Post by Thorney »

Cornish-Viking wrote:
Very well.

Accuracy is similar to the DMK, which is very good. Cycling no issues in the 10 rnd nzgs at all.

Mag changes needs a complete change in muscle memory and style but its quick and the gun works well. Just awaiting 30rnd ags now to test.
Cornish-Viking
Home club or Range: Tamar Rangers, Cornwall Rifle Club, Duchy Shooting Association & Launceston Rifle and Pistol Club

#37 Post by Cornish-Viking »

I can imagine that its totally different to the AR style rifle?

What mags are you guy running in you Kriss? I find the actually Kriss ones useless.
- Tikka - 6.5 Creedmoor/MDT ACC
- Schmeisser LMR 223
- 1942 Lee Enfield No4 Mk1
- Bergara B14r Carbon
- CZ 457 Long Range Precision Gen2
- Kriss Defiance DMK
- GSG 1911
- Beretta 686E 12g

https://www.instagram.com/cornish_viking/
Thorney

#38 Post by Thorney »

Cornish-Viking wrote:I can imagine that its totally different to the AR style rifle?

What mags are you guy running in you Kriss? I find the actually Kriss ones useless.
Yes, its utterly different in style to an AR and thats the only real hiccup - you have to relearn your ergonomics.

Using the 10 rnd at the moment, no issues, it wont take 11 but one in the pipe and 10 in the mag is fine. 30rnd ones should be here this week I hope.
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#39 Post by meles meles »

Hmmm, so it seems the CZ is the one to go for...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#40 Post by bradaz11 »

meles meles wrote:Hmmm, so it seems the CZ is the one to go for...
life is short -
meles meles wrote: but do have a yearning for something like an olde Browning AR22. .
go for the browning and scratch that itch
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns