Another Vickers rifle

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Another Vickers rifle

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

I currently shoot a Vickers Mk3 for Light Sport Rifle and very nice it is as well and I have often wondered if I would ever own another Vickers. Today the answer becomes yes. This is a Vickers Empire model with the Type S Jubilee trigger assembly and pistol grip type stock. The stock has been chopped and then extended and is currently at around 15.5" LOP which is way too much for my style of shooting. I am tempted to chop the earlier extension and fit a rubber pad which will bring it back to 14" Which is more realistic. I will have to shoot it first because as much as it pains me to look at what has been done, it is part of the rifles history.

The 30.5" bore is good, it is fitted with the click stop 'Perfection' rear sight, the 6oz trigger plus a PH Model 2 front sight with interchangeable inserts, so it should shoot very well and I am looking forward to getting out to the range.

Age wise I cannot tell from the Proof stamps and thee are not date stamps so about all I have to work with is the Vickers-Armstrong name which places it as post 1927 and certainly pre-war.
Vickers Empire- Jubilee.jpg
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Another Vickers rifle

#2 Post by Alpha1 »

Very nice pity about the stock.
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#3 Post by dodgyrog »

Daves, have either of you ever seen a Vickers Luger? My friend had one back in the day.
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Alpha1

#4 Post by Alpha1 »

I have fired a Luger back in the day before the ban. I dont think I have ever seen a Vickers though.
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

Roger, until you mentioned it I did not know the Vickers Luger existed. I will have to see what I can find out about them.

I do know of someone who is making a Luger from scratch right now.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1

#6 Post by Alpha1 »

I found a Youtube video covering the Vickers luger. I have posted a link in the correct section of the forum.
Ovenpaa

#7 Post by Ovenpaa »

Ah yes, hold that thought. I have a barrelled action that is missing a rear sight. I will check in the morning.
/d

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

#8 Post by Christel »

FredB's post deleted as this is not a for sale thread.

Take it behind the scenes chaps :good:
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

#9 Post by FredB »

I wasn't offering anything for sale---it was free to anybiody that needed it!
Fred
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#10 Post by dromia »

FredB wrote:I wasn't offering anything for sale---it was free to anybiody that needed it!
Fred
There is a forum for freebies so still not appropriate to post on here, we try hard to keep this a shooting discussion forum and not let it descend into the Exchange and Mart hence all the trading, freeby and exchange forums.

Members have whined on over the years for all the extra forums we now have, too many in my view, so it is incumbent upon members to use the appropriate forum, failure to do so will result in the mis-posts being removed.

Previous post removed, as Christel has said take it off forum, that is why the PM function is there.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/