Kriss Defiance DMK22 Food

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

BLZeebub

Re: Kriss Defiance DMK22 Food

#11 Post by BLZeebub »

bradaz11 wrote:if valmont says they are good, he means good for him to sell. It just means they give him the best profit margin.

guy at silverstone ranges did a rather in depth test on ammo, https://www.silverstoneshootingcentre.c ... e-results/

I'm not rewatching his last vid as I don't have headphones in, but I think by memeory that geco semi auto and RWS semi auto are the top (and I also think they are the same ammo??) but his last vid explains it.
Just flicked through the vid and RWS Semi and Geco Semi we're the ammo of choice. Unfortunately, it appears they only used S&W M&P 15-22's to do the test but i'll add them to the ammo test list!

In fairness, Valmont was specifically ammo testing for his Kriss so results may vary.

If only they all ate the same food... picky b'stards!

B-)
Andy

#12 Post by Andy »

I bought one of the first when they came out. I did have a few parts break. The firing pin , pin spring and extractor.
I had free replacements . The extractor started to fail again so I replaced it with an m9 engineering one and it's been spot on ever since. I also put a titanium firing pin in whilst I changed the extractor and that's been spot on also.
BLZeebub

#13 Post by BLZeebub »

Andy wrote:I bought one of the first when they came out. I did have a few parts break. The firing pin , pin spring and extractor.
I had free replacements . The extractor started to fail again so I replaced it with an m9 engineering one and it's been spot on ever since. I also put a titanium firing pin in whilst I changed the extractor and that's been spot on also.
Good to know Andy, its the M9 bits i have installed now. Whats your ammo of choice?

B-)
Andy

#14 Post by Andy »

Standard CCI. It's the most consistent and relatively clean.
rid the gent
Home club or Range: Mayfair shooting centre and Tyne valley rifle club

#15 Post by rid the gent »

Yep mines more than happy with geco semi auto, using the kriss 10,15 and 25 round mags and also black dog mag. I’m really pleased with it👍
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#16 Post by Mattnall »

BLZeebub wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:05 pm Interestingly, 4 of us ran a Kriss at the last club meet and oneof them reckoned it was stock and he always runs MiniMags - he had no FTF, jams or light strikes. Meanwhile the rest of us had at least some issues.
Possibly evidence of the disease many 22semi users get - symptoms: take a perfectly good rifle that functions flawlessly and change loads of bits, complain it fails every now and then. ;)
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#17 Post by Sim G »

Quality high velocity ammo is the the key, I’ve found. Cci Mini-mag and AR Tactical are the benchmark.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#18 Post by Gh0st »

Kriss Defiance seems to come in for some consistent criticism from various people.

They don't seem to be very reliable in most cases. Latter versions seem to be better than earlier ones. Avoid titanium firing pins.

test ammo, find what works, buy lots of it and stick to it
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#19 Post by Daryll »

Haven't had my DMK for long, had a few hundred rnds through it so far, but so far its been completley reliable, using mainly CCI Standard, but also Eley action, and SK Standard Plus.
BLZeebub

#20 Post by BLZeebub »

Gh0st wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:47 am Kriss Defiance seems to come in for some consistent criticism from various people.

They don't seem to be very reliable in most cases. Latter versions seem to be better than earlier ones. Avoid titanium firing pins.

test ammo, find what works, buy lots of it and stick to it
Any reason to avoid the Ti pins? I broke my original and so far have been ok with the Ti replacement.

Cheers
Nat