Miniature Rifles

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Miniature Rifles

#11 Post by Ovenpaa »

I have just fitted a No8 rear sight to an early MH Greener conversion, mostly because I could see the witness mark and screw holes of the one that had previously been removed. It is nice to to see the rifle back and looking as it did do in a previous life and I am looking forward to shooting it. The sad part is the addition has probably doubled the value of the rifle.

I was recently offered a quite reasonable Vickers Jubilee and the seller pointed out he could get GBP270 for the sights only. Such a nonsense really.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

#12 Post by Christel »

Jorden wrote:Ironically that No.8 sight is probably worth more than the gun now.
It is a tad sad actually :bad:
Christel
Site Admin

#13 Post by Christel »

Demon Gun Works :D
Christel
Site Admin

#14 Post by Christel »

Mattnall wrote:
Christel wrote: Been told just to keep the Communism book. Hmm...got a feeling it will leave the house as soon as possible.
Keep it for now, there may be another toilet paper shortage soon :o
Good point, just that I feel rather embarrassed to have the book in my house. Especially since I have always thought Corbyn is a bell end.

The .22 book arrived yesterday, it is rather splendid with many plates, some British and others, mainly US.

There are several Dardicks. Will work my way through it.