Firing pin or ?

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

Re: Firing pin or ?

#31 Post by Mattnall »

Strange pin dent - no way it can get put back in upside down. But if it works OK now don't try to over think it, just enjoy it.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
scraperman

Re: Firing pin or ?

#32 Post by scraperman »

Mattnall wrote:Strange pin dent - no way it can get put back in upside down. But if it works OK now don't try to over think it, just enjoy it.
I just don't understand it though. I double checked and both rounds were fired by the same rifle. The firing pin is shaped so that it would make the indentation as shown in the right-hand image. Maybe the pin isn't exactly flat at the end and it was only just touching the case causing the misfires. But even so, if you look at the right-hand image again it looks like a flat faced pin has hit it. The image on the left looks like an entirely different pin was used and I can assure people that both rounds are from the same rifle and fired by the same pin. Zero it in today and the job will be a good un. Thanks for everyone's help again.