22RF AR15/ M4 semiautomatic advice

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: 22RF AR15/ M4 semiautomatic advice

#11 Post by Ovenpaa »

The Viking shoots CCI HP Subs without issues in her Marlin 7000T and we are out to try the S&B subs with it end of this week.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
walesdave

#12 Post by walesdave »

While Tippmann firearms and Tippmann paintball come from the same family way back when they aren't related companies now so the paintball gun quality issues shouldn't be expected in Tippmann firearms.

I've got an Elite-S and love it, it feeds pretty much any cheap .22rf I shove in it and is great fun.

10/22s are good as well though! :good:
Attachments
20190806_170738.jpg
Nelly2014
Home club or Range: WNSC, UKPSA, SDC, MYOB

#13 Post by Nelly2014 »

Unless you are going to do some practical shooting I would avoid 'Black' rifles. Only due to the possibility of being surrounded by armed police and helicopters when you're out rabbiting as is the way of things these days.
the running man

#14 Post by the running man »

I tried 3 semi autos on rabbits over the years, nothing beats my bolt action sako finnfire, ive found it pointless having repeatable shots,u end up constantly checking the chamber and reliability is always a hastle unless u get a kidd or similarly expensve, if u do get a little group the rest usually bomb into the burrow anyhow, yes the shots quiet but the shot hitting the rabbit makes a loud whack enough to scare the rest off.
Always judge a person by how they treat someone that is of no use to them......
steve853
Home club or Range: North Coates Butts

#15 Post by steve853 »

the running man wrote:I tried 3 semi autos on rabbits over the years, nothing beats my bolt action sako finnfire, ive found it pointless having repeatable shots,u end up constantly checking the chamber and reliability is always a hastle unless u get a kidd or similarly expensve, if u do get a little group the rest usually bomb into the burrow anyhow, yes the shots quiet but the shot hitting the rabbit makes a loud whack enough to scare the rest off.
Oh I completely agree that the bolt action is most accurate, however I have had many occasions where a shot has gone a little high or deflected slightly by the wind, and a second shot would have been ideal. I shoot left handed due to eye dominance and sometimes the racking of the bolt (or T bolt in my case) takes my eyes off target and re-acquiring also takes time. I used to shoot with a 10/22 and often got one on a second shot.
England Prevails
the running man

#16 Post by the running man »

I see your predicament, u could find out you spend more time and money on diffrent ammo and polishing bits to tune them on a cheaper gun than if u just sufferd and bought a kidd or rfd or rm (rimfire magic? They stil going?)......as said the smith is a proven comp gun for the money, but its not much good out past 30m, the kriss is probably the best bang for your buck in that theatre of 1r clones... I wish u luck in your quest.
CrumpCP

#17 Post by CrumpCP »

i have had my SW 15/22 for two years and haven't had a single issue with shooting subsonic .22lr, i have been using Geco .22lr ammunition that i have found is very accurate and reliable especially considering it is reasonably priced compared with other .22lr ammo.
MistAgain

#18 Post by MistAgain »

the running man wrote:I see your predicament, u could find out you spend more time and money on diffrent ammo and polishing bits to tune them on a cheaper gun than if u just sufferd and bought a kidd or rfd or rm (rimfire magic? They stil going?)......as said the smith is a proven comp gun for the money, but its not much good out past 30m, the kriss is probably the best bang for your buck in that theatre of 1r clones... I wish u luck in your quest.
Rimfire Magic still around thank god .

They were the original 10/22 builders and they are still the best .
the running man

#19 Post by the running man »

MistAgain wrote:
the running man wrote:I see your predicament, u could find out you spend more time and money on diffrent ammo and polishing bits to tune them on a cheaper gun than if u just sufferd and bought a kidd or rfd or rm (rimfire magic? They stil going?)......as said the smith is a proven comp gun for the money, but its not much good out past 30m, the kriss is probably the best bang for your buck in that theatre of 1r clones... I wish u luck in your quest.
Rimfire Magic still around thank god .

They were the original 10/22 builders and they are still the best .
they are still going, brilliant stuff, yes good stuff, nice people too.