Anyone know where I can get this trigger kit?

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Barley99

Anyone know where I can get this trigger kit?

#1 Post by Barley99 »

As per the title, I've just bought a Hammerli Tac R1 and the trigger is about a 9.5 lb pull!

HkParts in the states do a kit to reduce it, but usual thing won't ship to the UK.

Has anyone found a source for these in the UK?

Thanks all.

In case anyone wondered what it is this is the one I'm looking for,........
https://hkparts.net/product/hk-416-colt ... p17340.htm
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

Re: Anyone know where I can get this trigger kit?

#2 Post by Pippin89 »

Barley99 wrote:In case anyone wondered what it is this is the one I'm looking for,........
https://hkparts.net/product/hk-416-colt ... p17340.htm
Have you tried Brownells? They do similar kits for some guns. Not sure if they do for yours.
38Super
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: FDPC

#3 Post by 38Super »

I've just found the contact details of a company that will ship parts from the US.
They say they 'only charge a small export fee' and deal with 'most manufacturers'.

The fee is per consignment so it might be worthwhile for some things that are unobtainable elsewhere.
I've got the Colt M4 version which that spring kit would also fit.
MistAgain

#4 Post by MistAgain »

The company selling those spring kits cant export for legal reasons .

Brownells could export them to their UK base as they would be on their export licence .

These people " I've just found the contact details of a company that will ship parts from the US.
They say they 'only charge a small export fee' and deal with 'most manufacturers'.
" might not have an export licence.

Use tham at your own risk !
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#5 Post by Mattnall »

MistAgain wrote: These people " I've just found the contact details of a company that will ship parts from the US.

It's up to the exporter to arrange any paperwork and permissions and they'll be liable for any omissions or offences committed. As long as the buyer doesn't ask them to do anything illegal there is no offence committed here, however you might lose the money or have to get a refund from the card company or paypal etc.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
38Super
Home club or Range: FDPC

#6 Post by 38Super »

MistAgain wrote:The company selling those spring kits cant export for legal reasons .

Brownells could export them to their UK base as they would be on their export licence .

These people " I've just found the contact details of a company that will ship parts from the US.

I got the export company details from Nic Taylor Inc. website by following their link for 'international sales'.
Not a big company but fairly well known. I doubt very much that they would gain anything by linking to a dodgy export outfit.
When I've asked Nic Taylor before they've said strictly no international sales so something has changed.
Barley99

#7 Post by Barley99 »

Thanks guys some interesting replies, but it doesn't look good for these. With the amount of these around you would think one of the UK companies would stock them.

Shame because it's a great gun except for the trigger. I was using it today and actually have a bruise on my finger!
20series
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#8 Post by 20series »

Barley99 wrote:Thanks guys some interesting replies, but it doesn't look good for these. With the amount of these around you would think one of the UK companies would stock them.

Shame because it's a great gun except for the trigger. I was using it today and actually have a bruise on my finger!
Who is the UK importer? Try contacting them to see if they can help

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Barley99

#9 Post by Barley99 »

20series wrote:
Barley99 wrote:Thanks guys some interesting replies, but it doesn't look good for these. With the amount of these around you would think one of the UK companies would stock them.

Who is the UK importer? Try contacting them to see if they can help

Alan
Not sure will have a look. Thanks.
Barley99

#10 Post by Barley99 »

I believe the Suffolk Rifle Company had these listed on their website when they were online. Does anyone have any contact details for them or have they gone completely?