L85 .22LR

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Adamdavi3s
Home club or Range: Tamar Rangers

L85 .22LR

#1 Post by Adamdavi3s »

It’s alive

DD89575E-0304-49FC-8D2D-4FF2D04C71BB.jpeg
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: L85 .22LR

#2 Post by snayperskaya »

That looks good :good:

How much work was involved?.I've always fancied something like an airsoft PKM with a semi auto .22lr grafted into it...
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

Excellent job, have you shot it yet and what length is the barrel?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Adamdavi3s

#4 Post by Adamdavi3s »

snayperskaya wrote:That looks good :good:

How much work was involved?.I've always fancied something like an airsoft PKM with a semi auto .22lr grafted into it...
Ovenpaa wrote:Excellent job, have you shot it yet and what length is the barrel?

Thank you, I’m just trying to work out where is best to add a video.

It’s a Remington 597 grafted into an airsoft body. It wasn’t a huge amount of effort in the end, the trickiest part was working out how to do the trigger (massacred it) and the mag.
The mag is a 25rnd push fit at the moment as neither the 597 or airsoft mag releases are currently fitted due to space, so that’s the next challenge! I just wanted to get it up and running first.
The barrel might also point too far down to make it sensible to use at range so that might be another challenge.

But basically chop some bits out of the airsoft kit, massacre the 597 trigger group and hammer it all together until it fits lol

I started using the 10/22 I have in my P90 chassis, but the mags and trigger were looking to be a PITA, so I picked up the 597 which is a tiny bit wide but everything else was easier.

The barrel is 18 1/2” I think, so the whole 597 is in excess of 24” when it’s out of the “chassis”
Adamdavi3s

#5 Post by Adamdavi3s »

Ok let’s see if this works, excuse the rough test video and disheveled look

https://youtu.be/rlpMX-ibMD0

P.s [youtube] tags didn’t work
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#6 Post by 20series »

Well done, it looks like it works ok.

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Andy

#7 Post by Andy »

Cool. Always fancied doing this myself but I was put off the idea when I couldn't purchase the donor Airsoft rifle because of all the rif nonsense. You'd have thought having a firearms cert would be enough.

Good job.
Adamdavi3s

#8 Post by Adamdavi3s »

Thanks guys.

The RIF thing is a mess, there is another thread on that subject here!
In the end I bought a green one from airsoftworld, then got a sportsman’s association membership (which airsoft world accept) when I sprayed it. In hindsight I should have got the sportsman and waited for them to get a non green one in but I’d been waiting a long time for them to have any in stock!

The worst bit to work out was the trigger, some trial and error was needed to work it out, in the end it just took some 2mm threaded bar, hacking the bottom of the trigger off and then removing one of the link pins, replacing it with the bar.

The whole thing was done with a Dremel, a tiny desk vice and my Matika cordless (and a rubber hammer)

I dread to think what those among us with some proper toys could achieve ;-)
Attachments
8BDED6BF-E800-4FAF-978A-5F468766DCE6.jpeg
F3B23CDD-BCD3-4096-85B8-CEE661E6ABCB.jpeg
leeroy7031
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Uttoxteter Rifle Club, FCSA, Stafford Post Office Rifle & Pistol Club

#9 Post by leeroy7031 »

Excellent conversion, I wish someone would make one of these commercially.
Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician ............ "Lieutenant Colonel Jeff Cooper"
JammyGuns

#10 Post by JammyGuns »

Really well done and totally unique. As above I'd be all over a commercial version of one of these... Always loved the look personally.