Relining barrels

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Jimminy234

Relining barrels

#1 Post by Jimminy234 »

Is there still people that reline barrels, some people in my club have lovely rook rifles chambered for 22lr and I really like shooting them. I’ve seen a few rook rifles that have been smooth bored, if would be nice to breath some life back into one.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Relining barrels

#2 Post by Alpha1 »

If they are relined for .22 lr. Why pay to have them relined Just get them re barreled in .22lr.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

You mean restore them to the original cartridge? I have often thought about it and it certainly be done. It is usually the Rook rifle that has been bore to .410 that we see here.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Jimminy234

#4 Post by Jimminy234 »

Ovenpaa wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:40 am You mean restore them to the original cartridge? I have often thought about it and it certainly be done. It is usually the Rook rifle that has been bore to .410 that we see here.
Yes, there seems to be lots of really nice rifles that have had something weird done to them like turn them into 410's. And In the past were gunsmiths that put a sleave down them so it could take a smaller caliber.

If I could find someone to rebarel I think it would lose a lot of the character.