Show us your GSG-5!

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

murphwiz

Re: Show us your GSG-5!

#41 Post by murphwiz »

Sim G wrote:
phaedra1106 wrote:First thing I did when I bought my GSG was throw away the push pins and all the screws and replace them with the kit from RRages http://rrages.com/screws/net.htm

I may still have a few bits left over if needed.
How did you manage that, Jeff? I couldn't get them to ship to the UK. What ya got left? ;) :grin:
I had mine shipped to the UK no fuss at all?
Lyons

#42 Post by Lyons »

Sim I got it sent over by the same company no questions asked.

Ps emailed that pic to u
Sim G
Past Supporter

#43 Post by Sim G »

Scott, I got the pic and from your initial description the piece of metal is as much as I thought it is. It's the ejector.

The ejector is riveted to the inside left half of the bolt carrier. I'm presuming this has come away and from the side and is blocking the bolt from returning to battery.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Lyons

#44 Post by Lyons »

Sim G wrote:Scott, I got the pic and from your initial description the piece of metal is as much as I thought it is. It's the ejector.

The ejector is riveted to the inside left half of the bolt carrier. I'm presuming this has come away and from the side and is blocking the bolt from returning to battery.

Ahh so I wasn't imagining it then? ok what's the easiest way to punt this thing? had it in to the cops? lol I can't be doing with it anymore. Never buying another GSG5 ever haha
Sim G
Past Supporter

#45 Post by Sim G »

Well at the minute, it's probably only worth 50 quid with the bolt stuck.....

Honestly, pull the bolt as far back as you can and push the ejector towards the body with an impliment of sorts and get the bolt to pass by it. Once the bolt is forward, you can strip it down. A new bolt carrier should be around the 50 quid mark from York Guns.

Get it back together and flog it, or part ex it with a dealer. Don't just throw it away....

Got any spare mags?! LOL!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
mr smith
Home club or Range: Dundee Rifle and Pistol Club

#46 Post by mr smith »

Lyons wrote:
Sim G wrote:Scott, I got the pic and from your initial description the piece of metal is as much as I thought it is. It's the ejector.

Ahh so I wasn't imagining it then? ok what's the easiest way to punt this thing? had it in to the cops? lol I can't be doing with it anymore. Never buying another GSG5 ever haha

De-act them club trophy.................. :run:
Lyons

#47 Post by Lyons »

Haha instead of the wooden spoon for TLD (team let down) we can have the GSG. I'm going to buy one for the next NESSCC
mr smith
Home club or Range: Dundee Rifle and Pistol Club

#48 Post by mr smith »

Lyons wrote:Haha instead of the wooden spoon for TLD (team let down) we can have the GSG. I'm going to buy one for the next NESSCC

Like your thinking
Rockhopper

#49 Post by Rockhopper »

Blackstuff wrote:Hi folks,

As i have been left to my own devices this weekend i thought i'd get around to fitting a new lower onto my GSG-5, now that i've unspat my dummy with it by finally got it back into proper working order :grin: I think it dramatically improves the look of the gun, as does adding the SD conversion kit;

Its an ICS airsoft lower from Zeroone Airsoft http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/advanced_ ... =MP5+lower Theres also an SEF version but that one requires you to permenant alter the selector switch, plus the selector switch doesn't line up with the letters properly.

Here's a step-by-step video if you want to do the mod to yours;

I'm nearly done with mine now, i just want get a micro red-dot for it (probably a Burris Fast-fire if i can find one for a non-ridiculous price), a UMP style folding stock, the HK pin set upgrade and the internal screw set upgrade. Speaking of which does anyone on here know anywhere that sells the screw upgrade set in this country? As the pi$$-poor screws coming loose were what was causing my gun to malfunction ****

Could you re-post the link to the video please?
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#50 Post by Blackstuff »

Holy thread resurrection Batman!! lol

I THINK this was it;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfbd8DyR4Uo
DVC