Show us your GSG-5!

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Show us your GSG-5!

#1 Post by Blackstuff »

Hi folks,

As i have been left to my own devices this weekend i thought i'd get around to fitting a new lower onto my GSG-5, now that i've unspat my dummy with it by finally got it back into proper working order :grin: I think it dramatically improves the look of the gun, as does adding the SD conversion kit;

Its an ICS airsoft lower from Zeroone Airsoft http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/advanced_ ... =MP5+lower Theres also an SEF version but that one requires you to permenant alter the selector switch, plus the selector switch doesn't line up with the letters properly.

Here's a step-by-step video if you want to do the mod to yours;

I'm nearly done with mine now, i just want get a micro red-dot for it (probably a Burris Fast-fire if i can find one for a non-ridiculous price), a UMP style folding stock, the HK pin set upgrade and the internal screw set upgrade. Speaking of which does anyone on here know anywhere that sells the screw upgrade set in this country? As the pi$$-poor screws coming loose were what was causing my gun to malfunction ****
DVC
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

Re: Show us your GSG-5!

#2 Post by meles meles »

Hmmm, if only they made them properly, ie like that, in the first place...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Blackstuff »

meles meles wrote:Hmmm, if only they made them properly, ie like that, in the first place...
That's what got them sued by H&K!! But H&K now make a licensed one through Umarex. I am tempted to sell my GSG and buy one but i'm waiting to hear the reports on them for reliability etc
DVC
JonC

#4 Post by JonC »

I rather like that, what are the options for a similar designed rifle? Looking at something for occasional lamping (so some way to fit a front rail would be handy) and range use.
M99
Home club or Range: FCSA(UK)

#5 Post by M99 »

JonC wrote:I rather like that, what are the options for a similar designed rifle? Looking at something for occasional lamping (so some way to fit a front rail would be handy) and range use.
Sig 522 SWAT 8-) - Awesome bit of kit! - built to look like a 556 with folding but stock, quad rails - add an AR 15 trigger spring to sort out the sloppy trigger and you are away.

Mike
honsu
Home club or Range: Wednesburey Marksmen

#6 Post by honsu »

MiLisCer wrote:
JonC wrote:I rather like that, what are the options for a similar designed rifle? Looking at something for occasional lamping (so some way to fit a front rail would be handy) and range use.
Sig 522 SWAT 8-) - Awesome bit of kit! - built to look like a 556 with folding but stock, quad rails - add an AR 15 trigger spring to sort out the sloppy trigger and you are away.

Mike

Verey nice when I get my FAC I think I am going to get a S&W m4 or the FN scar commando.

:flag5:
Craig&Vicki
JonC

#7 Post by JonC »

I would love a Sig 522, but its too spendy for me at the moment. Have seen a few SGS-5s around second hand, prices seem to be tempting at under £400l. I would need to shift my rather old CZ 511 (think thats the model) before getting anything new.

Forgot to ask, any advice on sound moderators for the GSG-5?
Sim G
Past Supporter

#8 Post by Sim G »

Ah-ha! You just can't beat a good old "Walter" gun!! :grin:

I spent far too much on mine....... but once you realise that airsoft parts fit..... well, the rest as they say, is a work in progress!

Got to get me one of those trigger units!! Also seen a couple of other Gucci bits in the US via ebay, but they just down right refuse to ship to Merry 'Ol England!

In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
JonC

#9 Post by JonC »

Yepp very walty, think thats part of the attraction ;)

Will do a bit of research about the GSG-5, and just started looking at the Smith and Wesson M&P15-22, they also look fun.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#10 Post by Sim G »

The S&W is a far better piece of kit. But, you'll not find a decent S/H deal on them often. You can pick up an unmolested GSG for around 250 every now and again!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!