NRA General Council Elections

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Maggot

Re: NRA General Council Elections

#41 Post by Maggot »

ovenpaa wrote:Disappointing to see you did not make it John, we need as much representation for the 'alternative' disciplines as possible. Regardless of this I would like to say thank you to you for standing and and hopefully next time things will be very different.
Yea hard luck mate and many thanks for answering my many daft CSR questions John.

The 2 year plan is in place.....god help me!!

Well done to those elected, I trust that we will all get fair representation in some new ventures I am planning.

I am thinking of starting a sub F class for high power lasers and will be running my own wind
reading courses (on line) :good: The use of Asbestos for the targets may be an issue but markers are expendable tesnews

and one for semi automatic cream guns (similar to those used in Bugsey Malone).....This time the markers ARE the targets clapclap

I am expecting sponsorship from (amongst others) the shooting shed dkflag

Maybe call it CTR.....Custard Target Rifle......

:run:

(I aint back at work yet and am very...very...bored. Border than a bored thing on national bored day is the best estimate, even mindless violence is boring today :twisted: )
Christel
Site Admin

#42 Post by Christel »

Maggot,

Count on us :good: :lol:
Dangermouse

#43 Post by Dangermouse »

8491 votes cast, that looks like a good turn out?

How many members are there and could voters pick more than one person?

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#44 Post by dromia »

Commiserations John and good on you for standing.

As a member I found deciding who to vote for very difficult as the hustings sheets provided were all a bit bland.

I only knew two of the candidates one being yourself on here and another candidate whom I have met and who wouldn't get my vote in a month of Sundays, however if you read his sheet then you wouldn't begin to guess what type of person he is.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#45 Post by IainWR »

Dangermouse wrote:8491 votes cast, that looks like a good turn out?

How many members are there and could voters pick more than one person?

DM
There are about 7500 members. About 27% voted - something around 2000 papers returned - the exact number was announced in a very comprehensive brief by the scrutineers. Each voter had up to 5 votes as there were 5 vacancies. So Mr Bloomfield must have had the support of just over half of the people who actually voted, Wg Cdr Calvert had support from about 45% of those who voted, and so on.

It also indicates that there was very little tactical voting - most voters must have used all 5 votes to get to the total of 8491.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#46 Post by Mike357 »

That's a pity John. In my opinion you were an obvious choice to represent continuing change within the NRA. Hopefully this won't deter you from standing again
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!