New Parking Area at the Back of Century

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

Re: New Parking Area at the Back of Century

#11 Post by meles meles »

*Charges flux capacitor, sets course for next century*
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#12 Post by kennyc »

karen wrote:But if you are sharing the target with 3, 4 or 5 others that's fairly cheap.

My club runs on 6 per target for a normal weekend
I think the point was that for a single shooter its expensive, so that shooter doesn't bother, surely better to have a pricing structure that encourages use? obviously a group purchase makes it cheaper for the individual, however its not always possible to get a group together at short notice.
Site Supporter Since 2015

#13 Post by 1066 »

kennyc wrote:
karen wrote:But if you are sharing the target with 3, 4 or 5 others that's fairly cheap.

My club runs on 6 per target for a normal weekend
I think the point was that for a single shooter its expensive, so that shooter doesn't bother, surely better to have a pricing structure that encourages use? obviously a group purchase makes it cheaper for the individual, however its not always possible to get a group together at short notice.
Exactly that. If I find I'm free for the day at short notice, I may well consider a drive down to Bisley if it was realistically priced, but a couple of hundred quid to hire a target for the day is a bit steep for me.

I just can't see the logic of rows of targets standing idle, day after day, when the sport, in general, is struggling to survive. The actual cost to the NRA in deterioration of the target/butts by shooting 50 or so rounds down range is fairly negligible so a nominal fee for individual NRA members would, I think, be quite reasonable.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com