NRA Membership Process

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Christel
Site Admin

Re: NRA Membership Process

#11 Post by Christel »

RDC wrote:I assume it was for me, Halodin.

I am indeed a member of an affliated club, but the application form for the course stated it required an NRA membership number for myself.

I have been humming and ahhing about joining so it prompted me to. After all, everyone keeps banging on about how can we expect them to support anyone outside of Bisley if we aren't members in the first place.
Are you sure you need to be a member to do the RCO course?
Might have changed the rules...
RDC

#12 Post by RDC »

I could be wrong about it being a requirement, but it was on the form in the candidate details part of the form right at the start.
StanDeasy

#13 Post by StanDeasy »

NRA membership is not a prerequisite for the RCO Course :good: Unfortunately the form does not make this clear :bad:
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#14 Post by Mike357 »

Can you not fill the form in using Adobe Pro and add a scanned signature? I can't remember from memory how I filled mine in but I find it surprising that printing it off, filling it and posting it is stopping you from joining. Surely you can't be that keen to join?
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#15 Post by HALODIN »

Yes that is an option, but Adobe Pro is £80 which I'd rather not buy just to apply for NRA membership. I tried an online pdf editing suite and only when I tried to save my pdf did it ask me for a subscription fee. It's a faff however you do it. If only it was a simple online form where you could enter your info, upload your photo and photocopies... I would have joined 2 years ago.

I don't need to join the NRA, but I wanted to.
techguy

#16 Post by techguy »

You can add text to pdf's using adobe reader. C'mon, you're a tech, you should know this!
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#17 Post by HALODIN »

I do know this, but I refuse to install acrobat on my machine. Acrobat and Flash are widely exploited apps.
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#18 Post by froggy »

If it does not disrupt from the opened thread : Can anybody tell me how long it takes for a postal NRA membership to be processed , ie : the length of time between they receive my cheque + photo + form + FAC and them to send me the membership # enabling me to book any of their facilities?
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
techguy

#19 Post by techguy »

If you ask them nicely, they may be able to turn it around quickly for you. Mine was done inside 2 days, and I picked it up from the office...entirely depends on their workload and availability.
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#20 Post by froggy »

I always ask nicely ;)
thanks VM for the info
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/