Well done to the NRA

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
sierra match king
Home club or Range: Bisley

Well done to the NRA

#1 Post by sierra match king »

Take a look at the NRA website news section.
They have worked with the army and government to remove the current restrictions on the movement of cadet rifles.

This is an excellent piece of work by them to remove some unworkable restrictions on the cadets, which was killing the sport.

For once...well done Andrew Mercer.

lollol
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

Re: Well done to the NRA

#2 Post by saddler »

Any updates on them reversing previous lack of support for self loading rifles or pistols?

Nope....just NRA TR type bolt actions.
All for the greater good then.

Wonder what Herr Yardley finks!
daman
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: HRPC, NRA, BASC, BDS, Larbert, UKPSA

#3 Post by daman »

Good for them, at least if the cadets get trained up there will be a future generation of Grumpy Old Men to complain about the NRA.
Who? Me? Really?
Strangely Brown
Home club or Range: NRA

#4 Post by Strangely Brown »

saddler wrote:Any updates on them reversing previous lack of support for self loading rifles or pistols?

Actually no!
This is about the movment of the L98A2 which in civilian terms is a section 5 firearm.
Mick
Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

#5 Post by Maggot »

Strangely Brown wrote:
saddler wrote:Any updates on them reversing previous lack of support for self loading rifles or pistols?

Actually no!
This is about the movment of the L98A2 which in civilian terms is a section 5 firearm.
Errr

It says they are on about the Cadet Target rifle Mick, I am not aware of any issues with the L98 as they get moved about a lot, but dont go abroad as far as I know.

The cadet TR will go to Canada etc, I expect that might be where the issues were, the Public/ACF interface.

I picked a cadet TR up a few months back but its OK, I have washed since :good:
sierra match king
Home club or Range: Bisley

#6 Post by sierra match king »

Wasnt the main problem the fact that they needed multiple vehicles and adults to accompany the rifles. ie rifles in one truck with 2 adults, ammo in another truck with 2 adults etc.

Made it impractical for some ACF units ??
Strangely Brown
Home club or Range: NRA

#7 Post by Strangely Brown »

Maggot wrote:
Strangely Brown wrote:

Actually no!
Errr

It says they are on about the Cadet Target rifle Mick, I am not aware of any issues with the L98 as they get moved about a lot, but dont go abroad as far as I know.

The cadet TR will go to Canada etc, I expect that might be where the issues were, the Public/ACF interface.

I picked a cadet TR up a few months back but its OK, I have washed since :good:
Apologies if I have that wrong Chris, I thought my source was impeccable............ :o
Mick
rox

#8 Post by rox »

sierra match king wrote:Wasnt the main problem the fact that they needed multiple vehicles and adults to accompany the rifles. ie rifles in one truck with 2 adults, ammo in another truck with 2 adults etc.

Made it impractical for some ACF units ??
Pretty much that. CCF units too.

I guess these days you can't just chuck the kids in the back of a 4 tonner with a few rifles, Brens and crates of ammo.

Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#9 Post by Mattnall »

Maggot wrote:
We took the whole County's L98s and LSWs to Germany on annual camp a few years ago.
Logistical nightmare I believe and the paperwork monkeys deserve some back-patting, the approval for military weapons crossing international boarders could have been easier if we took the ferry direct to Germany and back but no, we went via France, Belgium and back via Holland 8-)
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.