BASC

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Fedaykin
Home club or Range: Cawdor

Re: BASC

#11 Post by Fedaykin »

Gazoo wrote:
I suppose it is a case of to get a good game keeper, hire a poacher......he knows all the tricks. IF he performs for his money of course.
The Libdem bloke worries me though, they are REALLY not our friends ****
I am a Lib Dem member and I was at the range last Sunday participating in a competition, on that day I spent a fair amount of time talking to another club member who is also a Lib Dem member whilst watching a senior club member who is also a Lib Dem member performing his detail in the competition.

Like all political parties there are different views on shooting amongst the members, I should remind you it was the Tories who implemented the most loathed gun bans in the last few decades and there are active members of that party who are anti shooting.

People who participate in shooting come from all parts of the political spectrum!
I am Arthur Frayn, and I am Zardoz.
I have lived 300 years...

I am immortal.
I present now my story,
full of mystery and intrigue,
rich in irony, and most satirical.
Gazoo
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland

#12 Post by Gazoo »

I remember the libdem vote at their conference just after Dunblane, when the party members voted to have an investigation about pistol ownership (very fair) but the leaders of the party dismissed that vote and said on telly, that they were going to ban them any way, no matter what the vote had said.
Of course rank and file members or voters have different views but talking about an ex Libdem spin doctor here, I would still be worried.
Alea Jacta Est
David Nimrod
Home club or Range: North Cotes Butts

#13 Post by David Nimrod »

Fedaykin wrote:
...it was the Tories who implemented the most loathed gun ban...
Very true, and let's never forget that fact!

Also remember. until proven otherwise, ALL politicians are worthless to our cause.
Please Wake Up Before Our Humanity Is Lost Forever
Fedaykin
Home club or Range: Cawdor

#14 Post by Fedaykin »

Dunblane hangs over our sport like a sword of Damocles, the febrile public mood and politicians in the run up to a General Election wanting to appear to "Do something" after a senseless event meant that kind of thing was sadly inevitable. That rank and file members voted for a more measured response is to their credit all things considered.

Blame for what eventually happened beyond that cretin Hamilton, failures by the Police, McMurdo and our national shooting organisations not putting up even a mild effort to defend our sport "Out of respect for the victims"...

When you look at all the mistakes made by the Police totally ignoring warning after warning I ball fists up in fury! A class of innocent children killed and thousands of sports shooters collectively punished and ever since seen as "Dangerous" for even being interested in our sport!
http://www.scotsman.com/news/revealed-t ... -1-1098980
I am Arthur Frayn, and I am Zardoz.
I have lived 300 years...

I am immortal.
I present now my story,
full of mystery and intrigue,
rich in irony, and most satirical.
David Nimrod

#15 Post by David Nimrod »

Fedaykin wrote:
...thousands of sports shooters collectively punished and ever since seen as "Dangerous"...
An example of 'collective punishment' of the worst sort!

Shooters will always be tarnished by that appalling episode.

And any talk of liberalising gun ownership in the UK is pure fantasy...

Enjoy it while you can! :good:
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#16 Post by GeeRam »

Fedaykin wrote:Dunblane hangs over our sport like a sword of Damocles, the febrile public mood and politicians in the run up to a General Election wanting to appear to "Do something" after a senseless event meant that kind of thing was sadly inevitable. That rank and file members voted for a more measured response is to their credit all things considered.

Blame for what eventually happened beyond that cretin Hamilton, failures by the Police, McMurdo and our national shooting organisations not putting up even a mild effort to defend our sport "Out of respect for the victims"...

When you look at all the mistakes made by the Police totally ignoring warning after warning I ball fists up in fury! A class of innocent children killed and thousands of sports shooters collectively punished and ever since seen as "Dangerous" for even being interested in our sport!
http://www.scotsman.com/news/revealed-t ... -1-1098980
Quite.

As a result, on principle, I've not voted in a General election since, last one I voted in was the 1992 GE.
David Nimrod

#17 Post by David Nimrod »

GeeRam wrote:
As a result, on principle, I've not voted in a General election since, last one I voted in was the 1992 GE.
Ditto.
joe

#18 Post by joe »

David Nimrod wrote:
Fedaykin wrote:
...thousands of sports shooters collectively punished and ever since seen as "Dangerous"...
An example of 'collective punishment' of the worst sort!

Shooters will always be tarnished by that appalling episode.

And any talk of liberalising gun ownership in the UK is pure fantasy...

Enjoy it while you can! :good:
I wouldn't be suprised if at one point the cilivilian ownership of all firearms is banned on the pretence of terrorism or god forbid any more massacres ! Either way the sheep would support such a ban
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

#19 Post by FredB »

By not voting, you help the antis. Find out your candidates views and vote for the one on our side!
Fred
David Nimrod

#20 Post by David Nimrod »

FredB wrote:
Find out your candidates views and vote for the one on our side!
Why not start a list of MP's/Candidates who are 'Genuinely Pro Firearms Ownership'..?

I think it'll be very short...