safe shooters cards

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
RDC

Re: safe shooters cards

#11 Post by RDC »

My club-issued SCC fits in my wallet. Granted it wouldn't if laminated.

Interestingly, and I've probably said this before, the armoury at Bisley refused to accept our 'issued on the behalf of the NRA...' SCCs because "how can we trust something not issued by us?". That was an hour of arguing, backwards and forwards between armoury and admin office and wasted range time we had paid for that we'll never get back.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#12 Post by Alpha1 »

I have never visited Bisley and probably never will.
Cambs-lass

#13 Post by Cambs-lass »

I did the 5 module NRA course over several weeks at my local club. I found it very useful and learnt a lot, worth looking into for new shooters in particular.
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#14 Post by Andy632 »

Our club is currently affiliated to the NRA but at the moment the committee are debating whether there is any real benefit to remaining affiliated. Only two or three members actually shoot on a MOD range.

As a Club, we do not shoot on MOD ranges or Bisley.

I believe we can get decent insurance elsewhere.

Is there any point in remaining affiliated??
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#15 Post by dromia »

If you do not use MoD ranges or shoot at Bisley and can get adequate insurance elsewhere then there absolutely no benefit to being a member.

I would be interested if you can get good insurance elsewhere, our club is affiliated but only for the insurance, if equivalent could be got elsewhere at a better price then we would jump on it.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/