NSRA - Forced Membership

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

Re: NSRA - Forced Membership

#21 Post by hitchphil »

Triffid wrote:Here's what the NSRA presented to the Shooting Council last month.

Worth looking at but I've no idea whether the Shooting Council gave it their approval. Clubs are supposed to be consulted on the proposal next year.

Triffid
DocumentsMembership Transformation Presentation to Shooting Council November 2019 (2) (002).pdf
Do you have the document that they refer to in this presentation? or any consultation documents? - there is nothing on their website?

This is out of step with HO law on clubs - charging for probationary members is a first by any NGB - when they are not actually members in law & could result in guests being charged for insurance too - club insurance is just that insurance as required by law for the club & not its individual membership. You could have the club insured by NRA, a coach covered by NSRA & a shooter by Beaters & Ghillies etc! a recipe for them all to avoid paying up!

A small uni club will go from £128 to over £500! vs NRA £250 max. - so guess what they will do!
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: NSRA - Forced Membership

#22 Post by Alpha1 »

This is the equivalent of a business been very badly run and on the brink of bankruptcy expecting their customers to say yeah ok here is my money I will bail you out.
It's not going to happen. As a Club Secretary, I would not even consider putting this proposal to my members they would rip me to bits.