Update on NRA bid for IPSC shooting in the UK

A section for news and announcements only.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Update on NRA bid for IPSC shooting in the UK

#11 Post by Blackstuff »

What he said :good: It's mainly shotguns in the UK. Just Youtube search 'practical shotgun'
DVC
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#12 Post by DaveB »

So let me see if I have this right... In most places IPSC is primarily a pistol discipline, but because pistols are illegal in most of the UK, your version of IPSC is primarily a shotgun discipline. Does that about cover it?

Interesting. Well, me old Mum used to say it's a bad day if you don't learn something!
Dangermouse

#13 Post by Dangermouse »

http://www.ipas.org.uk/

Can the pistols used in iron plate action shooting not be used? I've geen holding off getting one until there is a course of fire at Bisley.

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
4Islander
Home club or Range: WNSC

#14 Post by 4Islander »

IPSC already sanction matches using air soft pistols.

The relevant search words being IPSC Action Air.

It's very popular in the far east.

No real reason why it can't be done here.

4I
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#15 Post by Blackstuff »

DaveB wrote:So let me see if I have this right... In most places IPSC is primarily a pistol discipline, but because pistols are illegal in most of the UK, your version of IPSC is primarily a shotgun discipline. Does that about cover it?

Interesting. Well, me old Mum used to say it's a bad day if you don't learn something!
As far as I'm aware the only IPSC sanctioned matches in the UK are for shotgun. There are proper practical pistol matches in Northern Island and the Isle of Man but not as many as there are shotgun matches. There are matches on the mainland using long barrel pistols/revolvers, .22 semi-autos and pistol calibre carbines but I don't think they're sanctioned matches, I could be wrong though.
DVC
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#16 Post by Mike357 »

The bid covers rifles, shotguns, mini rifle etc. All looks good!
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
James K

#17 Post by James K »

Whats wrong with the UKPSA still doing this, they successfully oversaw pistol matches for years and worked with the NRA a World Shoot back in the 1990's.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#18 Post by Mike357 »

:squirrel: Oh no, here we go again. Long story James, very political and it gets a lot of people really wound up.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Outsider

#19 Post by Outsider »

If this leads into the NRA actually going 'Hey, pistols/semi centrefire have sporting value' to a Minister when legislation is being drafted, then I'm all for it.

If it's just random club politics nonsense then I'm less happy about the affair.
James K

#20 Post by James K »

It would be great to see them come back, is this something the NRA can do or should it be something the UKPSA should be doing. Just looked at the NRA Site and the now have a Handgun League, have things already started to move on?