The UK's Finest Independent Forum for Shooters and Gun Owners. Est 2010.

Supporting all legal firearm owners, collectors, enthusiasts, shooters and competitors by promoting and encouraging legitimate gun ownership and use in the UK through unity, advocacy and discussion. To REGISTER contact admin(at)full-bore.co.uk
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:56 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:51 am 
Site Supporter Since 2015

Home club or Range: N.E. P.S.G., Mayfair Shooting Centre, 3 Counties Sporting Club, Galloway Small Arms Club and various IPSC clubs around the country
What he said :good: It's mainly shotguns in the UK. Just Youtube search 'practical shotgun'

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:11 am 

Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club
So let me see if I have this right... In most places IPSC is primarily a pistol discipline, but because pistols are illegal in most of the UK, your version of IPSC is primarily a shotgun discipline. Does that about cover it?

Interesting. Well, me old Mum used to say it's a bad day if you don't learn something!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:34 am 

http://www.ipas.org.uk/

Can the pistols used in iron plate action shooting not be used? I've geen holding off getting one until there is a course of fire at Bisley.

DM

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:35 pm 

Home club or Range: WNSC
IPSC already sanction matches using air soft pistols.

The relevant search words being IPSC Action Air.

It's very popular in the far east.

No real reason why it can't be done here.

4I

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Four4islands/104893726268423

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:16 pm 
Site Supporter Since 2015

Home club or Range: N.E. P.S.G., Mayfair Shooting Centre, 3 Counties Sporting Club, Galloway Small Arms Club and various IPSC clubs around the country
DaveB wrote:
So let me see if I have this right... In most places IPSC is primarily a pistol discipline, but because pistols are illegal in most of the UK, your version of IPSC is primarily a shotgun discipline. Does that about cover it?

Interesting. Well, me old Mum used to say it's a bad day if you don't learn something!

As far as I'm aware the only IPSC sanctioned matches in the UK are for shotgun. There are proper practical pistol matches in Northern Island and the Isle of Man but not as many as there are shotgun matches. There are matches on the mainland using long barrel pistols/revolvers, .22 semi-autos and pistol calibre carbines but I don't think they're sanctioned matches, I could be wrong though.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:36 am 

Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley and Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club.
The bid covers rifles, shotguns, mini rifle etc. All looks good!

Simia Delta - watch this space!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:58 pm 

Whats wrong with the UKPSA still doing this, they successfully oversaw pistol matches for years and worked with the NRA a World Shoot back in the 1990's.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:03 pm 

Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley and Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club.
:squirrel: Oh no, here we go again. Long story James, very political and it gets a lot of people really wound up.

Simia Delta - watch this space!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:36 am 

If this leads into the NRA actually going 'Hey, pistols/semi centrefire have sporting value' to a Minister when legislation is being drafted, then I'm all for it.

If it's just random club politics nonsense then I'm less happy about the affair.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:45 am 

It would be great to see them come back, is this something the NRA can do or should it be something the UKPSA should be doing. Just looked at the NRA Site and the now have a Handgun League, have things already started to move on?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next