New Year’s message from BASC's Chairman

A section for news and announcements only.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: New Year’s message from BASC's Chairman

#11 Post by dromia »

I only wish I could share your good experience of them, mine has been the exact opposite.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Christel
Site Admin

#12 Post by Christel »

I have only had positive dealings with BASC, they are the only ones in the "gun world" that has been able to offer constructive advise.
Local shooters/clubs/shops, all members of BASC and they only have praise for the organisation.

I have been a member of others and did not get constructive advise when needed and one even told me to call a "friend of theirs" to get an account opened in a bank because that was the only way I could get one opened...I do not play games like that.

They know the firearms law, one of their own Bill Harriman wrote a book called "Law and Licensing" - a must on the bookshelf.

BASC can only do so much, they are met with a wall of ignorance/resistance/agenda/hate (maybe hate is a strong word but try and approach an anti with a balaclava and a baseball bat and you will know what I mean, I haven't I hasten to add however it happens around here when the hunts take place) from the Government/DEFRA and various other ill-informed and disneyficated organisations, did I mention Packham :twisted:

If you ask me, BASC is by far the most robust and well informed shooting organisation we have in the UK.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#13 Post by dromia »

christel wrote:
If you ask me, BASC is by far the most robust and well informed shooting organisation we have in the UK.
I can concede that but when it comes to the quality and efficacy of "national" shooting organisations in the UK the bar is exceptionally low.

From my direct experience of the organisation and the parlous state of shooting and gun ownership in the UK they are still far from being fit for the purpose that the survival of legal gun ownership in the UK needs.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

dromia
Site Admin

#14 Post by dromia »

The other dubious thing about this "organisation" is that they support NABIS **** kukkuk

Which to be honest I always thought was a late 19th century, post-Impressionist, avant-garde, arts movement.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

Christel
Site Admin

#15 Post by Christel »

Adam, the bar may be exceptionally low, I am not sure I agree entirely with that, however BASC is all we have and it needs/deserves all the support we as shooters can give. It is the only shooting organisation in the UK that I feel deserves my attention/support. The others I have had dealings with have let me down or simply not given me what I felt was right. The others may fight my corner without telling me however if I do not know then how can I support them?
dromia
Site Admin

#16 Post by dromia »

If you feel it is serving you well Christel then support it.

I feel and have experienced the exact opposite so they are not worthy of my support.

What I will give basc is that they talk the talk and their propaganda is slick, shame it is directed the wrong way.

I truly wish that we could have a meaningful proactive organisation that truly supported legal gun ownership but I am afraid none of them do that or are doing it with any success.

I measure them by results and they poor indeed.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!