MOD range access.

A section for news and announcements only.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

Re: MOD range access.

#21 Post by phaedra1106 »

Just confuse the Hell out of it (again)

Told by Landmarc we could now book 2 range dates from July 20th as long as we social distance.

I asked if we could have more than 6 people, another club was told yes we can.

Booked 4 dates yesterday, no problem.

Received a nice email from UKPSA this morning saying that groups of more than 6 people are still prohibited and that at least 6 FAC holders have had their FAC's revoked for not complying with guidance.

Here's the email,

"The NROI committee met on the 26th of June and agreed that given the advice issued by UK government today for sport (along with the other general advice issued in recent weeks) we are still not in any position to resume competition shooting and can still only recommend limited outdoor practice.

The attached guidance to clubs has been updated slightly including the advice that indoor facilities should not re-open (this is specifically prohibited in the UK government guidance).

We particularly noted the following issued today where there is no exemption of the 2-metre minimum gap for sport in England:

" Playing sport with someone you don’t live with

You can exercise or play sport in groups of up to 6 people from other households, but should only do so where it is possible to maintain a 2-metre gap from those you do not live with. You will be able to play sport outdoors in groups of more than 6 people and without social distancing if they are all from our household or in your support bubble.

People who play team sports can meet to train together and do things like conditioning or fitness sessions but not in groups of more than 6 and you should be 2 metres apart at all times. While groups could practise ball skills like passing and kicking, equipment sharing should be kept to a minimum and strong hand hygiene practices should be in place before and after.

You can also play doubles tennis with people from outside of your household (or bubble) as long as you remain 2 metres apart wherever possible. Any equipment that is used should be cleaned frequently. Cleaning should be particularly thorough if equipment is to be used by someone else.

If you are showing coronavirus symptoms, or if you or any of your household, or your support bubble, are self-isolating, you should stay at home – this is critical to staying safe and saving lives."

NROI also noted that unless exemptions apply the government COVID-19 guidance still identifies the following as a criminal offence to:

meet indoors with anyone who is not a member of your household or, from 13 June, your support bubble, except for specific exceptions set out in law
meet outdoors in a group of more than six with people who are not in your household or support bubble, except for specific exceptions set out in law
incite others to break the rules by e.g. inviting people to a party
threaten others with infection by coronavirus, for example by coughing or spitting in their direction

The Committee is aware of at least six people (non-UKPSA members) who have had their FAC revoked for non-compliance with the COVID-19 guidance (i.e. demonstrating they are no longer a fit and proper person to own firearms)

The UKPSA council appreciate this is not the guidance that was wanted, however, in light of the specific guidance from the government, we cannot offer any guidance that contravenes the clear instructions from the Government.

As an association, we are in communication with British Shooting Sports Council (BSSC) to canvas for an exemption for sports which are able to socially distance effectively such as ours.

As always, we will continue to review and will be happy to change our advice as and when Covid-19 government guidance shifts to allow our sport to resume."
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
RDC

#22 Post by RDC »

I read that, and football makes a mockery of it.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#23 Post by Alpha1 »

Have landmarc cancelled your bookings or have they accepted them.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#24 Post by Blackstuff »

The UKPSA email is bizarre. I don't know if there's been a sudden panic about being seen to 'endorse' people shooting under restricted conditions or what. any????

Considering EVERY SINGLE other prosecution under the Covid Act has since been dismiss i'd be very interested to hear of the details/circumstances of the alleged revocations. If that was me i'd 100% be pushing for an appeal (assuming there were no other factors)
DVC
RDC

#25 Post by RDC »

I've seen rumours on Shotguns UK of people getting telling off for acquiring shotguns during the lockdown, and a few scare stories about people going shooting pests (as requested by farmers) and getting their certs pulled.

However other than the guy who got the telling off for buying the shotgun, the others were just rumours and never confirmed.
Alpha1

#26 Post by Alpha1 »

phaedra1106 wrote:Just confuse the Hell out of it (again)

Told by Landmarc we could now book 2 range dates from July 20th as long as we social distance.

I asked if we could have more than 6 people, another club was told yes we can.

Booked 4 dates yesterday, no problem.

Received a nice email from UKPSA this morning saying that groups of more than 6 people are still prohibited and that at least 6 FAC holders have had their FAC's revoked for not complying with guidance.

Here's the email,

"The NROI committee met on the 26th of June and agreed that given the advice issued by UK government today for sport (along with the other general advice issued in recent weeks) we are still not in any position to resume competition shooting and can still only recommend limited outdoor practice.

The attached guidance to clubs has been updated slightly including the advice that indoor facilities should not re-open (this is specifically prohibited in the UK government guidance).

We particularly noted the following issued today where there is no exemption of the 2-metre minimum gap for sport in England:

" Playing sport with someone you don’t live with

You can exercise or play sport in groups of up to 6 people from other households, but should only do so where it is possible to maintain a 2-metre gap from those you do not live with. You will be able to play sport outdoors in groups of more than 6 people and without social distancing if they are all from our household or in your support bubble.

People who play team sports can meet to train together and do things like conditioning or fitness sessions but not in groups of more than 6 and you should be 2 metres apart at all times. While groups could practise ball skills like passing and kicking, equipment sharing should be kept to a minimum and strong hand hygiene practices should be in place before and after.

You can also play doubles tennis with people from outside of your household (or bubble) as long as you remain 2 metres apart wherever possible. Any equipment that is used should be cleaned frequently. Cleaning should be particularly thorough if equipment is to be used by someone else.

If you are showing coronavirus symptoms, or if you or any of your household, or your support bubble, are self-isolating, you should stay at home – this is critical to staying safe and saving lives."

NROI also noted that unless exemptions apply the government COVID-19 guidance still identifies the following as a criminal offence to:

meet indoors with anyone who is not a member of your household or, from 13 June, your support bubble, except for specific exceptions set out in law
meet outdoors in a group of more than six with people who are not in your household or support bubble, except for specific exceptions set out in law
incite others to break the rules by e.g. inviting people to a party
threaten others with infection by coronavirus, for example by coughing or spitting in their direction

The Committee is aware of at least six people (non-UKPSA members) who have had their FAC revoked for non-compliance with the COVID-19 guidance (i.e. demonstrating they are no longer a fit and proper person to own firearms)

The UKPSA council appreciate this is not the guidance that was wanted, however, in light of the specific guidance from the government, we cannot offer any guidance that contravenes the clear instructions from the Government.

As an association, we are in communication with British Shooting Sports Council (BSSC) to canvas for an exemption for sports which are able to socially distance effectively such as ours.

As always, we will continue to review and will be happy to change our advice as and when Covid-19 government guidance shifts to allow our sport to resume."
Have landmark accepted your bookings or have they canceled them.
Alpha1

#27 Post by Alpha1 »

No response. I will personally touch base with Landmark on Monday and let people know what is going on.
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#28 Post by Dellboy »

RDC wrote:I've seen rumours on Shotguns UK of people getting telling off for acquiring shotguns during the lockdown, and a few scare stories about people going shooting pests (as requested by farmers) and getting their certs pulled.

However other than the guy who got the telling off for buying the shotgun, the others were just rumours and never confirmed.

I was aked how i sold a shotgun to a customer and did i respect social distancing ...
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#29 Post by phaedra1106 »

Alpha, I'm sorry I haven't responded sooner, I am still recovering from a serious car crash 2 weeks ago.

My brain still isn't working 100% and my memory is like a concussed goldfish on heavy pain meds.

It's taking me 3 to 4 times longer to post stuff as I have to spend so much time correcting the spelling mistakes and re-reading what I've written.

Another club we team up with for bookings spoke to Landmarc on Friday, they agreed the current government guidance still applies so it's still a 6 person limit but will "clarify" with the DIO at Otterburn when the colonel is back this week.

We deal with different Landmarc staff to you as our club comes under the Otterburn Training Area. I spoke to another club under Otterburn and also another FB member who runs a club near Darlington, neither had been told anything about the 6 person limit, just that they could make bookings after July 20th.

I will let you know when I get any further information.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#30 Post by phaedra1106 »

Sorry, ran out of editing time.

Blackstuff, I completely agree about clay pigeon, my local club was banging away as normal this morning, from what I can gather they are sending shooters out at 15min intervals so there are no "groups" so no breach of the guidance.

We should go shoot in the Ikea or Primark car parks, apparently it's safe to have 200 people in those.