MOD range access.Its official.

A section for news and announcements only.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

MOD range access.Its official.

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

The ranges are open.

Covid-19 - NRA Policy for Affiliated Club use of outdoor MoD Ranges in England
July 2020
• All Clubs must follow latest advice available here https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... recreation
• Clubs must check for local restrictions /updates before visiting MoD range facilities (recce or booking)
• Clubs in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland must follow advice from the devolved Administrations
• Clubs must produce a Covid-19 Risk Assessment for each booking/activity and submit to Landmarc/range operator in advance.
• Clubs must provide the necessary sanitising materials/sprays/gels/wipes per their Risk Assessment.
• Planning must include a range recce* & review of local movement restrictions in addition to current range orders and site specific Covid-19 procedures. (Access to markers gallery, communication with Landmarc operative, access to range log, targets etc.)
• Planning must include the process for changing the butt party, squadding shooters to maintain social distancing, one shooter/marker per target, rigging targets etc.
• Shared/Club equipment must not be used. (between household members is permitted)
• Club officials are responsible for the safety of club members and must follow current guidance here https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... gher-risk/
• Members aged over 70 are considered to be at moderate risk and should consider staying at home per NHS advice.
• Home Office Approved Club Guest Days are prohibited
• Range bookings must be restricted to members holding a valid NRA Shooter Competency Card (SCC) – probationers under instruction requiring one to one supervision are prohibited.
• Club officials are responsible for briefing members in writing/email before the booking-to include specific instructions for the range/booking. ( squad ding, of etc.)
• Club officials are responsible for their members’ compliance with current guidance – staying alert and safe (social distancing) at all times during the range recce and range booking.
• Club officials must ensure members follow current hygiene advice including use of antibacterial wipes on equipment/hard surfaces, regular hand washing and avoid MoD ranges if they or anyone in their household has symptoms of Covid-19.
• 2m Social distancing must be observed at all times on MoD ranges/premises, this includes car parks, toilets, firing point, markers gallery etc. PPE/Face coverings cannot be used as mitigation to 2m social distancing.
• RCO must conduct a range briefing for all shooters before firing commences; refer to the RASP/RSD submitted for the booking and Covid-19 Risk Assessment. Club Officials must ensure that appropriate PPE is available for First Aider, butt party etc.
• RCO must keep a written record of all members that attended the booking for 21 days to comply with Government Track & Trace requirements.
• RCO must ensure that all waste is removed from the range, markers gallery e.tc.
• Clubs must comply with DSA OME Part 3 – “Use of MoD Ranges by Civilian Clubs “ https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... t-3-ranges

*Range Recce must be documented.

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: MOD range access.Its official.

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

That is good news.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#3 Post by phaedra1106 »

It is.

So far they still haven't given the number of shooters allowed, is it 6 or 30? the national guidance isn't really clear.

I know Alpha1 has confirmation from Landmac/Catterick it's 30 there but we simply can not get any answer from the same Landmarc office section that covers the Otterburn Training Area. And Otterburn just don't answer anything!.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Cornish-Viking
Home club or Range: Tamar Rangers, Cornwall Rifle Club, Duchy Shooting Association & Launceston Rifle and Pistol Club

#4 Post by Cornish-Viking »

Very Very good news. Probably won't stop raining now lol
- Tikka - 6.5 Creedmoor/MDT ACC
- Schmeisser LMR 223
- 1942 Lee Enfield No4 Mk1
- Bergara B14r Carbon
- CZ 457 Long Range Precision Gen2
- Kriss Defiance DMK
- GSG 1911
- Beretta 686E 12g

https://www.instagram.com/cornish_viking/
jjvc

#5 Post by jjvc »

Thanks for the update Dave alpha1
Alpha1

#6 Post by Alpha1 »

No problem Joe.
I have two confirmed bookings in August I put 30 shooters on each bid and it was accepted no issues.
The booking staff at Landmarc have been great super helpful. The Admin supervisor provided me with draft copies of Risk assessment forms and RASP replacement documentation to help secure my bids.
I had a conversation with the Major in charge of training and he confirmed the 30 shooters numbers and he was more than helpful.
I don't know what's going on at Otterburn but I am glad I don't shoot there.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#7 Post by phaedra1106 »

As I said in the other thread Otterburn are the first area to apply the new MoD rules, all other areas will be doing so shortly.

Nic Couldrey of the NRA is meeting with the MoD to try and work out some sort of improved plan for it's deployment on July 29th.

What Rasp replacement documentation?, if this is the RSD (Range Safety Document) Landmarc sent us the template in September 2019 and then told us not to use it in October, just continue using our current Rasp.
Alpha1

#8 Post by Alpha1 »

They now want you to use the range safety document instead of the RASP at Catterick.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#9 Post by phaedra1106 »

I wish they'd sort themselves out, this is supposed to be a national organisation, some sort of consistency would be nice!.

This weekend should be fun (not), I have to list the calbre and make of every firearm my club members want to use, with over 100 members that's going to be a very long list!
Alpha1

#10 Post by Alpha1 »

Do you think they will actually look at the list. Or take any notice of whats on it in the booking office. The Girls in my booking office are Civilians and have probably never seen a rifle never mind used one.
Unfortunatly we have to jump through the hoops if we want to use the ranges.