Access to MOD ranges

A section for news and announcements only.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Access to MOD ranges

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

Hi
I had email from the NRA regarding numbers of shooters allowed on Landmarc MOD ranges.
The numbers have not changed you are only allowed 30 people on range that includes the RCO and first aider.
Track and trace rules still apply. You need to supply the booking office at the latest 14 days before your shoot with a copy of the Clubs BAMS a up to date Covid 19 risk assessment and a Safe range template.

Every one that attends needs to fill in a track and trace form.

If you are not sure check the NRA web site.

If you are not familiar with any of this and are booking MOD ranges and need any help pm me.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

Re: Access to MOD ranges

#2 Post by phaedra1106 »

We've never been asked for any sort of track and trace.

he 14 days lead time required for Bams and Rasps to be submitted is normal paolicy, not covid specific.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Alpha1

#3 Post by Alpha1 »

The track and trace is a NHS Goverment thing. Its nothing to do with Landmarc or the MOD. I insist that every one fills one in and brings it with them. What happens if some one tests positive after being on one of your shoots.

MILITARY SMALL ARMS

VISITOR COVID-19 EXPOSURE DECLARATION

Dear Visitor

To prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community and reduce the risk of exposure to our members and visitors, we are conducting a simple questionnaire. Your participation is important to help us take precautionary measures to protect you and everyone.
We also ask that you please leave a contact number or email address in order to assist with NHS Test and Trace requests should they arise. As per government guidelines this information will be held for 21 days by the Club Secretary and will then be destroyed.

SELF-DECLARATION.

Please respond to the questions below - place a tick in the box provided if your answer is YES to any of the questions.

Visitor’s name:

Contact No or Email:
Meeting venue:

Have you been asked to self-isolate in the last 14 days?

Are you currently showing signs of an influenza-like illness, including fever OR symptoms of acute respiratory infection?

(e.g., Shortness of breath, cough, sore throat)

Or have been showing signs in the last 7 days?

Have you been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 patient in the past 14 days (either in the community or at work) or with someone awaiting the results of COVID-19 testing within the past 14 days?

If your answer is YES to any of the questions, we ask that you do not visit the range. If you are already here, then please leave immediately.
Additionally, we ask that you support us to reduce the risk of passing on infections by:
Avoiding direct contact with others and exercising personal social distancing by staying at least 2 meters apart.
Wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.

Signature: …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Date: ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

COVID-19 Visitor Declaration Form Issued 01/August/2020
Alpha1

#4 Post by Alpha1 »

From the NRA
Read the last line highlighted in red. I believe the Club can be fined if some one tests positive and you have not collected track and trace information.
Alpha1

#5 Post by Alpha1 »

You should also be submitting a COVID 19 risk assessment to Landmarc for each range as well as a BAMS and there is third document suggested by the NRA I can not think of the title of the top of my head I will need to look at my records.
See both items highlighted in red in attached document.
Alpha1

#6 Post by Alpha1 »

When you are booking your ranges with Landmarc who are you talking to were is your booking office based.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#7 Post by phaedra1106 »

The last line says the RCO should keep a record of shooters for 21 days, we keep it for several years as part of the HO requirement to record all shooters and firearms present/used at club shoots.

We submitted a full risk assessment last year and an updated one in April this year as well as dcumentation covering covid range proceedures and hazard checklists.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Alpha1

#8 Post by Alpha1 »

phaedra1106 wrote:The last line says the RCO should keep a record of shooters for 21 days, we keep it for several years as part of the HO requirement to record all shooters and firearms present/used at club shoots.

We submitted a full risk assessment last year and an updated one in April this year as well as dcumentation covering covid range proceedures and hazard checklists.
The last line in red refers to COVID track and trace.

The home office requirement is nothing to do with COVID track and trace. The 21 days is for the NHS track and trace.
The home office requirement applies to all Clubs you are obliged to keep that information to renew your home office approval. I renewed ours last year.

But you must be getting some thing right otherwise they would not be allocating you ranges.

Personally I wont let any one on range unless they have a filled in a track and trace form.