NRA Safety Notice.

A section for news and announcements only.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

Re: NRA Safety Notice.

#11 Post by hitchphil »

Mattnall wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:58 am
hitchphil wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:48 pm Investigating the RCO & then maybe the club, i can understand, along with retire for the day or until investigation concludes.

Pulling the affiliation means the club might not be insured at all times as required by law (maybe to operate on indoor private range) & so pulling that & all bookings etc is punishing all the club members - I dont get what that is supposed to achieve? other than widespread retribution & pain? If the RCO screwed up then the RCO takes the pain surely? maybe they lose their RCO ticket & the club has to implement some procedure to assure it does not happen again. but this looks more like trying to kill off the club.
This could be an indicator of systemic problems within the club. It is only wise to pull everything until the investigation finds out why this happened and then dish out the solution/punishment. Revoking the affiliation and therefore possibly the insurance will likely mean the club cannot operate at the moment but the members are free to go elsewhere if they can.
HO Guidance for Approved Clubs -
L. the club has regular use of ranges for the categories of firearm in respect of which approval is being sought or given, as the case may be. Adequate financial arrangements must be in place to meet any injury or damage claim; (see note 10)

..... so the club may not be compliant with 2 of the requirements of part L - bold so its HO approval is in jeopardy? MOD dont pull that affiliation, NRA do. My club if similarly in breach, it may not be as affected as our insurance isn't with NRA. & club non members of NRA or NSRA etc cant go elsewhere. They would have to join & what if they were in FAC renewal / application as their only & primary club?
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#12 Post by Mattnall »

hitchphil wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:40 am
HO Guidance for Approved Clubs -
L. the club has regular use of ranges for the categories of firearm in respect of which approval is being sought or given, as the case may be. Adequate financial arrangements must be in place to meet any injury or damage claim; (see note 10)

..... so the club may not be compliant with 2 of the requirements of part L - bold so its HO approval is in jeopardy? MOD dont pull that affiliation, NRA do. My club if similarly in breach, it may not be as affected as our insurance isn't with NRA. & club non members of NRA or NSRA etc cant go elsewhere. They would have to join & what if they were in FAC renewal / application as their only & primary club?
That almost made sense and I think I understand it.
HO approval is in jeopardy? - not sure what the question is here but I guess the HO approval is in jeopardy.
MOD dont pull that affiliation, NRA do. - I thought only the HO can do that.

If the club loses its HO approval and/or NRA affiliation the members that need that club would have to go elsewhere or lose their FAC - it has happened before when clubs have been closed down for other reasons, the one in Liverpool in recent years springs to mind. I cannot speak for the MoD or the NRA as to their actions, for the reasons why ask them.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Lancs Lad
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#13 Post by Lancs Lad »

None of this is seemingly, even remotely important to some people.

It appears that the ONLY relevant issue is that this NRA Safety Notice should be posted in the correct forum .... 8-)

:flag13: LL
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#14 Post by GeeRam »

Mattnall wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:58 am
hitchphil wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:48 pm Investigating the RCO & then maybe the club, i can understand, along with retire for the day or until investigation concludes.

Pulling the affiliation means the club might not be insured at all times as required by law (maybe to operate on indoor private range) & so pulling that & all bookings etc is punishing all the club members - I dont get what that is supposed to achieve? other than widespread retribution & pain? If the RCO screwed up then the RCO takes the pain surely? maybe they lose their RCO ticket & the club has to implement some procedure to assure it does not happen again. but this looks more like trying to kill off the club.
This could be an indicator of systemic problems within the club.
One would hope that this is the reason....... :o
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#15 Post by Alpha1 »

Lancs Lad wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:01 am None of this is seemingly, even remotely important to some people.

It appears that the ONLY relevant issue is that this NRA Safety Notice should be posted in the correct forum .... 8-)

Typical it dosnt affect me so I am all right jack.

The NRA thought it was important enough to send it to all the Clubs afiliated to them.
I expect the members of the Club whose firearm certificates could be at risk are a little bit more concerned than you are.
Graham M

#16 Post by Graham M »

Alpha1 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:17 pm
Lancs Lad wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:01 am None of this is seemingly, even remotely important to some people.

Typical it dosnt affect me so I am all right jack.

The NRA thought it was important enough to send it to all the Clubs afiliated to them.
I expect the members of the Club whose firearm certificates could be at risk are a little bit more concerned than you are.
er, Methinks you should read, and understand, that post again. teanews
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#17 Post by Alpha1 »

I reread it and thought about it I probably owe Lancs Lad an apoligy.
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#18 Post by hitchphil »

I have had a clear reply on this....

Suspension of nra affiliation does not suspend the clubs insurance. They can continue to use a private range but not book NRA or mod ranges. Club oifficers remain coverd as do club / non NRA member, qualified RCOs.
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?