NRA advert for a trustee

A section for news and announcements only.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Hauptman

NRA advert for a trustee

#1 Post by Hauptman »

I just read this............it says: "Knowledge of shooting sports is not essential"................."30 man days of effort a year is required".................."this post is not remunerated".

I almost cried into my G&T.............what planet are they from? The creepy bit is the "Knowledge of shooting sports is not essential". I'd have thought that a trustee of an organisation that purports to represent the sport of target shooting nationally should at the very least be a shooter of some kind. How else could they effectively "fight our corner"?

With this ad, they're far more likely to get an anti gun nutter who sees it as a covert way to further erode our sport.

Hauptman
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: NRA advert for a trustee

#2 Post by Sim G »

I appreciate that a trustee may very well not have to have any knowledge of the "core business" to ensure that the business is being conducted correctly. However.......... the trustee bloody well should be a shooter if for nothing more than "they should just be"!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!