NRA News 12th October 2012

A section for news and announcements only.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

NRA News 12th October 2012

#1 Post by HeatherW762 »

GB & NRA Team Captains - Nominations invited

Nominations are invited for Captains of the following teams:
• Great Britain Kolapore Match 2013
• Great Britain Under 25 Team 2013
• Great Britain Rifle Team to Canada 2014
• NRA Team to the Channel Islands 2014
Nominations in writing, signed by three proposers all of whom must be full annual or life members of the NRA, must be received by the secretary general not later than 5pm Friday 26th October
Nominations to be sent to Libby Gendall, libby.gendall@nra.org.uk.

NRA Training courses update

Due to the phenomenal demand for places on the RCO and Club Coach training courses they are now fully booked for the rest of 2012.

The good news is we will have limited places available in 2013 for RCO and Club Coach courses which will be subsidised by Sport England funding*

Dates will be released November 5th on the NRA website and booking will be on a first come first served basis. Places will be secured on receipt of application forms and payment.

*funding is currently only available to members in England

The online booking system is now available for 2013 range bookings.

We encourage all clubs and individuals to utilise this facility as it provides instant response whenever your booking requests have been actioned/amended.

The booking page can be found on the NRA website by following this link:

http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/rangeo ... p?site=NRA

We would also like to advise members/clubs making bookings for the current year that when you add a booking request the year defaults to 2013 so you will need to manually change this to 2012.

Anyone experiencing problems registering or using this facility, please contact the range office on 01483 797777 ext 152

Kind Regards
Mark Jackson
Ranges Manager

British Shooting Sports Council Q3 report

British Shooting Sports Council report for July to September is available to download from our website:

http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/conten ... RA&id=1184
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Re: NRA News 12th October 2012

#2 Post by Mike357 »

Heather, Am I right in thinking that the club coach qualification only refers to TR?

And if so, is it not the responsibility of the NRA to provide coaching on every discipline that falls under their umbrella?

My NRA Rep is looking into this for me too.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Strangely Brown
Home club or Range: NRA

#3 Post by Strangely Brown »

Mike357 wrote:Heather, Am I right in thinking that the club coach qualification only refers to TR?

And if so, is it not the responsibility of the NRA to provide coaching on every discipline that falls under their umbrella?

My NRA Rep is looking into this for me too.
I understood it was a general coaching qualification?
Mick
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#4 Post by HeatherW762 »

Hi,

It did use to be, when it was a GBTSF qualification, but is now a general skills type qualification. The club instructor course still has a TR module as well as a general skills module.

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)